• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-4 v. F-16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Col Day also is the most highest decorated Officer with the Medal of Honor among his numerous decorations. The Col is one tough dude!

I'll second that. Colonel Day presented me with my AF wings when I graduated UPT and tossed back a few with me at the O-club later. What an honor and a day I'll never forget.
:beer:

so correct, not saying F4s aren't either, just read any Thud book on what those patriots went through in 'nam, their missions, think they lost almost half of the production run of 105s there, plus that thing had a 4 stage burner I think, cool when they took off and that thing lit up

F-105s were really fast. One of the jokes from the short timeframe that both appeared at Red Flag or William Tell was them telling the F-15 guys - "Check 12", but then thats about all the F-105 could do was just run like heck and try to get away.

A Thud two-ship got split up over Vietnam after hitting the target and dodging multiple SAMs. The lead pilot had plenty of adrenaline flowing and was using the best feature of the Thud to get out of dodge.

#2: "Waco 1, say your position."
#1: "South, heading south."
#2: "Say airspeed."
#1: "1000 knots"
#2: "Can you pull it back?"
#1: "Nope."
:D

Spring of 2002 I was a freshman in college/AFROTC and had the great honor of meeting Col. Day during a tour of Eglin AFB. Toward the end of describing his ordeal, the man pulled his MoH from his suit jacket pocket like it was a watch and held it out in his hand for all of us awestruck cadets to see.

I'm reading "Phantom over Vietnam" by John Trotti. I just started it and it's a good read. Looks like you Zoomies didn't have all the fun! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back