• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-35C passed the Critical Design Review

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.........giving the US a true ‘global strike’ capability.

So...... we didn't have 'global strike' capability before the F-35???

Hmmmmmm........
Between F/A-18, A-6, the B-52 and B-2 just to name a few, I think we've been pretty well set in the area of land or sea based 'global strike' for quite a while.

I am convinced that both of you came from the same womb. . . .self-licking ice cream cones

I've got my issues brutha - I'll admit to that. However the one thing I do is tell the truth. For God's sakes - please don't compare me to a pathological liar.

Hmmmmmm........
Between F/A-18, A-6, the B-52 and B-2 just to name a few, I think we've been pretty well set in the area of land or sea based 'global strike' for quite a while.

I think the rivalry is about the AF trying to elimanate the Navy by being the only aerial combat branch in the DOD...

Congratulations on getting F-22s. That's even better, using a $200 MM airplane to look for $1K booby traps. Man, that will really piss off the AF General Officers. When do you deploy?

Dave, you really are an idiot...obviously proving nothing because that fact has already been previously stated many times.

1. There are no F-22's deployed to the middle east. There hasn't been. There won't be for the near future.

2. The CSAF came out with the mission statement that the F-22 will only do DEAD ("True" Global Strike - as you put it), and air to air (OCA and DCA). Since you're so wordly and learned on military affairs, I'm very surprised that you didn't know that.

I think the navy should trade EVERYTHING but the boats in for predators. .and let AF do the manned flying. Then Topgun would become the largest RC fly-in ever! ! ! And we could get rid of that God-Forsaken Probe and Drogue abortion . . .Additionally once a year all the Naval Predator suqadrons could come out to nellis and be clubbed as baby seals. .

Hmmmmmm........

It is the aircraft carrier that provides true 'global strike' for the US.

Dave, you really are an idiot...obviously proving nothing because that fact has already been previously stated many times.

1. There are no F-22's deployed to the middle east. There hasn't been. There won't be for the near future.

2. The CSAF came out with the mission statement that the F-22 will only do DEAD ("True" Global Strike - as you put it), and air to air (OCA and DCA). Since you're so wordly and learned on military affairs, I'm very surprised that you didn't know that.

Do tell Scrapdog!

My point was...Why not use our most advanced asset to help win the war? The unmatched look-down capability of the F-22 would be great for finding IEDs.

Oh that's right, the AF has determined the F-22 is not appropriate for the conflict.

It is the aircraft carrier that provides true 'global strike' for the US.

WRONG WRONG WRONG! Ya got it all wrong shipwreck!

The fact that the B2 (or the BUFF or the BONE for that matter) has flown from the CONUS to various bad parts of the world to drop JDAMs never happened???

Latest resources

Back