Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DaveGriffin

Registered Self-Abuser
Great news, the F-35C has passed the CDR. That means the Navy’s first stealth airplane is one step closer to actually taking out bad guys sometime in the next few years.

Compared to the AF version, the Navy version of the JSF has more wing area and larger control surfaces necessary for precision carrier landings and is structurally reinforced to withstand the abuse of high volume carrier landings and launches giving the US a true ‘global strike’ capability.

But the best part of the F-35C is that it will be flown by Naval Aviators, making it the deadliest and most effective version of the F-35.

I just sat next to a very nice gentleman on my flight home tonight who works for Lockheed Martin as a manager / engineer on the F-35. He had nothing but very high remarks for the aircraft. Granted, it's the aircraft he works on... But from what I heard, it's a very impressive piece of equipment.

Great news, the F-35C has passed the CDR. That means the Navy’s first stealth airplane is one step closer to actually taking out bad guys sometime in the next few years.

Compared to the AF version, the Navy version of the JSF has more wing area and larger control surfaces necessary for precision carrier landings and is structurally reinforced to withstand the abuse of high volume carrier landings and launches giving the US a true ‘global strike’ capability.

But the best part of the F-35C is that it will be flown by Naval Aviators, making it the deadliest and most effective version of the F-35.

Dave, keep us informed and let us know when you start flying the F-35 for the Navy. I'm sure that will be the next piece of brown excrement out of your mouth...since that seems to be the trend with you. :puke: That's of course after you finish your tour as top C/O of the Navy Seals.

We're all dying to hear when you become the first F-35 ace. I'll put my bet down it'll be by next summer. Any other takers??

Dave, keep us informed and let us know when you start flying the F-35 for the Navy. I'm sure that will be the next piece of brown excrement out of your mouth...since that seems to be the trend with you. :puke: That's of course after you finish your tour as top C/O of the Navy Seals.

We're all dying to hear when you become the first F-35 ace. I'll put my bet down it'll be by next summer. Any other takers??

You sound jealous Scrap Dog.

It is interesting to note that the AF is back to its old ways again. The recent comment by Gen. Keys complaining about using $50 MM dollar airplanes to look for $1K IEDs is typical of the AF culture. He wasn’t even hiding the fact that the AF doesn’t believe it belongs in a support role in COIN. The thought of a highly trained AF pilot in the world’s most advanced fighter, called in by a lowly squad of grunts on patrol, to look at a suspected IED placement, and then not even getting the chance to drop a bomb, is just too much for AF fighter jocks to deal with.

Now get back in your F-16, fire up the FLIR pod and run a few more IED patrols.

Last edited:
You sound jealous Scrap Dog.

It is interesting to note that the AF is back to its old ways again. The recent comment by Gen. Keys complaining about using $50 MM dollar airplanes to look for $1K IEDs is typical of the AF culture. He wasn’t even hiding the fact that the AF doesn’t believe it belongs in a support role in COIN. The thought of a highly trained AF pilot in the world’s most advanced fighter, called in by a lowly squad of grunts on patrol, to look at a suspected IED placement, and then not even getting the chance to drop a bomb, is just too much for AF fighter jocks to deal with.

Now get back in your F-16, fire up the FLIR pod and run a few more IED patrols.

Nah Dave, I'm not jealous - our big difference is I ACTUALLY am a pilot when I claim to be. And I'm not in the F-16 anymore either bud. Now, isn't there a SEAL team 6 meeting you've gotta attend? Oops, sorry - I meant isn't there a circus you've gotta attend?

Keep living in your fairy tale world Dave - you are indeed your own worst enemy.

Nah Dave, I'm not jealous - our big difference is I ACTUALLY am a pilot when I claim to be. And I'm not in the F-16 anymore either bud. Now, isn't there a SEAL team 6 meeting you've gotta attend? Oops, sorry - I meant isn't there a circus you've gotta attend?

Keep living in your fairy tale world Dave - you are indeed your own worst enemy.

Congratulations on getting F-22s. That's even better, using a $200 MM airplane to look for $1K booby traps. Man, that will really piss off the AF General Officers. When do you deploy?

Congratulations on getting F-22s. That's even better, using a $200 MM airplane to look for $1K booby traps. Man, that will really piss off the AF General Officers. When do you deploy?

Great! A whole new generation of navy tactical pilots jealous of all the per diem that P-3 guys get. It's really getting hard to fend off these clowns.

I am convinced that both of you came from the same womb. . . .self-licking ice cream cones

Latest resources

Back