Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet (XJT) Stock UP almost 1000%!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and it's still less than half of what SKYW offered back in April (less than 5% of its equivalent value)....but at least the XJT pilots still have their pride. Sleep well.

Andy,

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, but (possibly) not this.

Your implication (if if I understand it correctly, though I may not) that the pilots had a choice in the matter is nowhere near the truth. My friends at XJT tell me that the rank and file had exactly ZERO input on whether or not the offer was accepted. The MEC made the decision without even consulting the members.

BTW, what are you up tp now?

-JP

Andy,

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, but (possibly) not this.

Your implication (if if I understand it correctly, though I may not) that the pilots had a choice in the matter is nowhere near the truth. My friends at XJT tell me that the rank and file had exactly ZERO input on whether or not the offer was accepted. The MEC made the decision without even consulting the members.

BTW, what are you up tp now?

-JP

This is actually false as well. While the MEC was consulted by Mr. Atkin, they were NOT the reason the deal between SKYW/XJT/CAL fell through. The Board of Directors of XJT Holdings turned down to offer from SKYW not the XJT MEC. While the XJT MEC was briefed by SKYW on multiple items of interest they had no part in the decision making process of the XJT BOD.... There was no rank and file vote among the pilots because the MEC never had a hand in the deal between the 3 companies.

What I was saying specifically was that there was connsiderable discussion here at the time from XJT pilots strongly opposed to the idea of a deal with SKYW with its odious strings attached. I recognize it was not a matter of MEC consideration. When the deal was turned down by XJT's BOD, the pilot group seemed very supportive of that idea. Now, I know, the pilots can rest well knowing that a decision in line with their thinking was made.

BTW, what are you up to now?
Trading stocks and options and acting in community theaters in the area. Just finished a run with Plaza Suite and will be starting rehearsals for Much Ado About Nothing later this month.

Last edited:
But back to the first 2 posts.....XJT will need concessions from all labor groups in order to see their stock go up. The reverse split was a procedural move. Nothing in the current business plan has changed (i.e. their new CPA with Continental).
I think most of the XJT pilots (and the company as well), would have been better off in the long run, if SkyW would have made the deal with them. Just my point of view and I think Andy's as well.

But back to the first 2 posts.....XJT will need concessions from all labor groups in order to see their stock go up. The reverse split was a procedural move. Nothing in the current business plan has changed (i.e. their new CPA with Continental).
I think most of the XJT pilots (and the company as well), would have been better off in the long run, if SkyW would have made the deal with them. Just my point of view and I think Andy's as well.

Yeah, let's get whipsawed out of existence in a non-union carrier. We made the right choice, thanks.

I calculated that at the "new" pay rate I would only have to work an extra 2 hours a month to recoup that lost money. Plus I would still have my great vacation clause and work rules that give me a better QOL.

And if anyone has any real questions, please don't ask the pipe, ask a rep. Get the facts. Get educated.

This is the mind set at XJT right now. This is a quote from our pilots at expressjetpilots.com. Grow some balls and vote NO. This is the the mindset that has brought this industry to nothing.

This is actually false as well. While the MEC was consulted by Mr. Atkin, they were NOT the reason the deal between SKYW/XJT/CAL fell through. The Board of Directors of XJT Holdings turned down to offer from SKYW not the XJT MEC. While the XJT MEC was briefed by SKYW on multiple items of interest they had no part in the decision making process of the XJT BOD.... There was no rank and file vote among the pilots because the MEC never had a hand in the deal between the 3 companies.

Yup, I can see how my post implied that the MEC was responsible for the deal not happening - my bad. That is wrong. Poor wording on my part, thanks for clarifying.

While the now public record does shows (in hindsight) that the board turned down the offer, at least half a dozen friends there do tell me that the MEC had been gearing up to oppose the buyout. Everyone I personally know at XJT was hoping for the deal to go through with the contract mod.

While the information on how the MEC handled things is certainly secod-hand and could be considered hearsay, the opinions on hoping for the deal to go through were first-hand accounts from several personal friends.

My $.02

BTW, i wish nothing but the best for everyone there.

-JP

Latest resources

Back