Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet (XJT) Stock UP almost 1000%!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a look, it's up almost 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet it had mostly to do with the Reverse Stock Split and the concessionary talks.

Yasir1212, you friggin' genius. Can I hire you for my financial advisor. You and Warren Buffett are icons in the financial world. Please grace us with more of your knowledge.....

you 22-year-old dork.

And take those stupid cowboy boots off, don't ya know your company doesn't allow them in the cockpit?

...and it's still less than half of what SKYW offered back in April (less than 5% of its equivalent value)....but at least the XJT pilots still have their pride. Sleep well.

What does it matter to the XJT pilots what SKW was offering, in the form of stock price, to buy XJT? The actual price did NOT matter to anyone other than the BOD.

Do I have to spell out again how $h!ty the deal was that JA wanted to shove down the XJT pilots' throat? I be you are proud of that. But I'm sure you sleep well not knowing the truth.

Last edited:
Andy,

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, but (possibly) not this.

Your implication (if if I understand it correctly, though I may not) that the pilots had a choice in the matter is nowhere near the truth. My friends at XJT tell me that the rank and file had exactly ZERO input on whether or not the offer was accepted. The MEC made the decision without even consulting the members.

BTW, what are you up tp now?

-JP

This is not true. Many MEC members were told by rank and file members to vote the deal down if it required getting rid of scope and the Holding letter.

This is actually false as well. While the MEC was consulted by Mr. Atkin, they were NOT the reason the deal between SKYW/XJT/CAL fell through. The Board of Directors of XJT Holdings turned down to offer from SKYW not the XJT MEC. While the XJT MEC was briefed by SKYW on multiple items of interest they had no part in the decision making process of the XJT BOD.... There was no rank and file vote among the pilots because the MEC never had a hand in the deal between the 3 companies.

Actually, this is not correct. The XJT BOD rejected the initial offer BUT they continued to negotiate with the XJT BOD on the terms. The negotiations then reached a point where it involved SKW to engage the XJT MEC in negotiations to get the scope and Holding Letter removed. The XJT MEC and SKW were eventually unable to come to terms. And this is why there was never a rank and file vote and the deal was never consummated.

What I was saying specifically was that there was connsiderable discussion here at the time from XJT pilots strongly opposed to the idea of a deal with SKYW with its odious strings attached. I recognize it was not a matter of MEC consideration. When the deal was turned down by XJT's BOD, the pilot group seemed very supportive of that idea. Now, I know, the pilots can rest well knowing that a decision in line with their thinking was made.

The XJT pilots strongly opposed to the idea of a deal with Skywest BECAUSE of its "odious" strings attached. The pilot group seemed very supportive of that idea because of those "odious" strings. And because the deal with the "odious" strings was turned down, specifically by the XJT MEC, the pilots are resting well knowing that a decision was made in line with their thinking.

At least you understand that much.

In hindsight I really don't think Jerry intended on buying Expressjet. To me it looks like he just wanted to weaken a competitor. A bold/brilliant move we see from time to time in our market economy where survival of the fittest is the mantra.

Oh wait I forgot, pilots aren't supposed to cheer for their own corporate fitness/survival, they're supposed to be having one giant pilot group hug across the nation looking out for each other.... (what was I thinking).

In hindsight I really don't think Jerry intended on buying Expressjet. To me it looks like he just wanted to weaken a competitor. A bold/brilliant move we see from time to time in our market economy where survival of the fittest is the mantra.

True, besides he got a multi million dollar pay out from CAL when all was said and done because the deal didn't go through.

Oh wait I forgot, pilots aren't supposed to cheer for their own corporate fitness/survival, they're supposed to be having one giant pilot group hug across the nation looking out for each other.... (what was I thinking).

I think the offer was legit. SKW had nothing to lose from it and so they attached all these strings to the deal. If it went through, great for them. If it didn't, they still get $6M.

By the way, I have no problems with people cheering for their own corporate fitness but not at the expense of others like this deal was set up to be. This deal could have been good for everyone involved but the insistence on those strings would not let that happen.

By the way, I have no problems with people cheering for their own corporate fitness but not at the expense of others like this deal was set up to be.

I hate to see other people hurt as well. But the fact is in a market economy there are winners and losers. I just wish the folks teaching high school economics would spend a little more time on the chapter about the LOSERS, instead of just cheering about all of the upside to a market system. Then maybe people would be more prepared for the layoff/furlough and the probability that at some point in their lifetime they will need to retrain for a new career or at the very least a new job.

Latest resources

Back