ExpressJet Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TNPILOT said:
I heard March will be the last of it. The training department is already sending guys back to the line starting Jan. 1.

I ran into a training captain who was leaving. I asked if they asked him to leave and he said he was just getting sick of it and wanted back to the line. He said they already had replaced him with someone new. He never heard of people being SENT back to the line. I have never heard a worse bunch of gossipers than the training department. They probably have a pool going to see who's rumor will end up on the web first.

SS

Secret Squirrel said:
I ran into a training captain who was leaving. I asked if they asked him to leave and he said he was just getting sick of it and wanted back to the line. He said they already had replaced him with someone new. He never heard of people being SENT back to the line. I have never heard a worse bunch of gossipers than the training department. They probably have a pool going to see who's rumor will end up on the web first.

SS

Actually, a number of off-line instructors were recently furloughed back to the line due to downsizing in the Training Department.

-Neal

Was he a OE (ONline) check airman? If so, they have been replacing some of those guys leaving and have not shrunk that pool.

Otherwise yes he was full of it. The guy who did my PC in IAH the other day said the same thing as Neal.

bugchaser said:
I say there is something to be said about the level of service provided by ExpressJet. To the passengers, it is a seamless experience. Not so with the Connection flights. Don't mean to put down the fine folks at Colgan, but their operation is not even close to the same level of service that is provided by ExpressJet.

What else do I get but a bag of pretzels and a coke? Really, I'd like to know. And what do you mean by seamless experience? Do you mean that since passengers flying Express often never get on a Hub 73 or 75, they forget what its like to fly in a comfortable seat?

Don't mean to put down the fine folks at Express either...

Paris said:
What else do I get but a bag of pretzels and a coke? Really, I'd like to know.

Hey, hey, hey!! Wait a second! We're commited to quality customer service, which includes our spacious new terminals and serving meals at meal-time. Don't make me bring up quality people and quality products and how there's no shortage of that at Continental.:D

Paris said:
What else do I get but a bag of pretzels and a coke? Really, I'd like to know. And what do you mean by seamless experience? Do you mean that since passengers flying Express often never get on a Hub 73 or 75, they forget what its like to fly in a comfortable seat?

Don't mean to put down the fine folks at Express either...

Get the F out of here. Been on a 735 or 752 in the back. It sux big time. Rode home the other day on the 75, seat 15E. Awfull. I'm not saying that the RJ is way more comfortable but larger quage does not in any way mean more comfort. Takes 5 times longer to get off the plane when you get where your going also.

Been on jetBlue alot lately and that is far better than any coach product CAL has to offer.

ATRCA said:
Get the F out of here. Been on a 735 or 752 in the back. It sux big time. Rode home the other day on the 75, seat 15E. Awfull. I'm not saying that the RJ is way more comfortable but larger quage does not in any way mean more comfort. Takes 5 times longer to get off the plane when you get where your going also.

Been on jetBlue alot lately and that is far better than any coach product CAL has to offer.

Agreed 100%. I absolutely hate having to wait for everyone to pile off of some huge 5000 seat airplane, especially when commuting. I'll take the RJ any day of the week. I'm just going to sleep through the whole thing anyway.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back