• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll dig it man, the hotel you stay at during training is purdy nice. And you can't beat Good Eats cookin'.... But, there are a bunch of people from Mesa here too and they like to playa hate somtimes. See ya on JFK

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
Superpilot92 said:
I also interviewed yesterday, Dec 13th. I got the Jan 16th class. I need a job since I am currently furloughed, and I was amazed at the interview process and how it seemd it was mine to screw up. I didn't. I am sure anywhere I go, there are good and bad. Starting over at the bottom? I was at the bottom at Independence Air before I got the heave-ho, so I am used to it. I am sure I won't get treated the way I was treated at FLYI. I am looking forward to starting at EXJ. I already got flash cards and studying the flows from the book they gave me. I hope I can get used to the bicycle handle yoke.

yeah my buddy interviewed in the afternoon class and was told to expect a Feb class because the jan class was already filled. Congrats on the job. Starting over sucks but you definitly are somewhere most people are really happy and once you get through first year pay it gets better.

Congrats again and the yoke takes some getting used to but it grows on you. It feels weird in a crosswind also.

One more question, how is seniority determined in class? Date of Birth? Last four numbers of the SSN? Lottery Height? Weight?

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
Superpilot92 said:
I hope I can get used to the bicycle handle yoke.

Takes about 30 seconds. It's definintely cool on the take off and climb out. Kinda of a bich during a strong crosswind landing. I had a harder time using "jetlink" at first instead of "blueridge" for the call sign.

I'm tall and the yoke always slams into my kneecaps on crosswind landings. Or if the captain's not looking, on the pre-takeoff check you can jam it into his. :)

daysleeper2621 said:
Do any of you guys have an idea for how long Express plans to continue hiring in 2006? Any chance they will still be interviewing in February or March? Thanks guys.

She said they plan to continue hiring through mid '06. Don't remember exactly how many pilots per month, but it was quite a few I think.

I heard March will be the last of it. The training department is already sending guys back to the line starting Jan. 1.

Yeah, I don't know if the info they told us at the interviews is the final word or just propaganda. With more hard orders for new airplanes though I'd think it'll keep going for a little while at least - but definitely slow down most likely.

So how about that contract and benefits information? Does anyone know where I can find that stuff online?

want2fly said:
I can see how you could credit 100 in a vacation month. The only other ways i can think of for a captain to get paid for time that they didnt fly is picking up a trip on days off for 3.75 or deadheading. Is there something else I'm forgeting?

Yea, there are a lot of things you are missing although DH is definitely one way to boost credit (without affecting legality issues). Don't forget 2 hour DPM's, 3 hour DPM's, domicile rest issues, 30/7 issues, training on days off, voluntary jm'ing, etc. Lots more beyond that as well.

-Neal

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back