ExpressJet training..do they...

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
During training with ExpressJet, do you train on weekends or are you off?

pianoman

Total Time
The classroom stuff is usually during the week, for the most part. Sim and FTD training is whenever the sim is open- they run students about 20-22 hrs. a day.

Baronman

Total Time
>8K
As he said above, during Basic Indoc and systems ground school it was a weekday thing. Then during the second half of training we were in the sims whenever they scheduled us. Overall it was very well run.

iflysky

Total Time
6000+
The best training I have yet received. Every weekend off during ground, and sims were 4 on and 3 off then 3 on something like this. Anyway with your experience it is a walk in the park....... trust me.
Great company and wonderful people.

coolyokeluke

Total Time
2600+
They shifted classes on us, we had a three day weekend (Memorial Day) and then if I remember right we went into the next weekend. But they'll still give you 2 days off during the class stuff, but not guaranteed and not certain it's the weekend. While you're in training you get positive-space if you want to go home for the weekend or somewhere else.

ERfly

Total Time
Basic Indoc was the only thing that was Monday, through Friday. Systems started on a Saturday or Sunday and went on over a couple of weekends. My class was an extra section so they fit us where they had room. Welcome to the airline world. There are no such things as weekends and holidays. You're now in a world of Days On and Days Off.

Flyeys

Total Time
mins
You will have the first weekend off after indoc. After that its up in the air. I didnt have a weekend off for 3 months in a row. Its all a great experience though and not having weekends off for a while just comes with the territory.

densoo

Total Time
yes
...don't forget the positive space passes to travel to/from your home of record. Great deal.

Booker

The Ladies Man
Total Time
coolyokeluke said:
While you're in training you get positive-space if you want to go home for the weekend or somewhere else.
Is this just during ground school breaks, or is it for any time you have two or more consecutive days off (or does that even happen during CPTs/sims)? Just trying to figure out how many changes of clothes I need to pack.

lj1313

Total Time
When I went through it was during any break you had. Travel staff was great about getting you set up for travel.

hbrow15

Total Time
Booker said:
Is this just during ground school breaks, or is it for any time you have two or more consecutive days off (or does that even happen during CPTs/sims)? Just trying to figure out how many changes of clothes I need to pack.

anytime you have days off..if you have 3 or more days off they want you to go home so they dont have to pay for a hotel room.