• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet training..do they...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The classroom stuff is usually during the week, for the most part. Sim and FTD training is whenever the sim is open- they run students about 20-22 hrs. a day.

As he said above, during Basic Indoc and systems ground school it was a weekday thing. Then during the second half of training we were in the sims whenever they scheduled us. Overall it was very well run.

The best training I have yet received. Every weekend off during ground, and sims were 4 on and 3 off then 3 on something like this. Anyway with your experience it is a walk in the park....... trust me.
Great company and wonderful people.

They shifted classes on us, we had a three day weekend (Memorial Day) and then if I remember right we went into the next weekend. But they'll still give you 2 days off during the class stuff, but not guaranteed and not certain it's the weekend. While you're in training you get positive-space if you want to go home for the weekend or somewhere else.

Basic Indoc was the only thing that was Monday, through Friday. Systems started on a Saturday or Sunday and went on over a couple of weekends. My class was an extra section so they fit us where they had room. Welcome to the airline world. There are no such things as weekends and holidays. You're now in a world of Days On and Days Off.

You will have the first weekend off after indoc. After that its up in the air. I didnt have a weekend off for 3 months in a row. Its all a great experience though and not having weekends off for a while just comes with the territory.

coolyokeluke said:
While you're in training you get positive-space if you want to go home for the weekend or somewhere else.

Is this just during ground school breaks, or is it for any time you have two or more consecutive days off (or does that even happen during CPTs/sims)? Just trying to figure out how many changes of clothes I need to pack.

When I went through it was during any break you had. Travel staff was great about getting you set up for travel.

Latest resources

Back