ExpressJet to buy Chautauqua ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rumorhasit said:
I've heard the same thing from management. that is why all the recent layoffs in the last few weeks!!! the head of chq went into gordo's office and offered to undercut xjt by 20-30 percent and when oil prices @ record levels gordo is going to listen!!!!
Put down the Kool-aid. Layoffs aren't a result of CHQ pressure or pilot contract talks. This downsizing has been going on for years now and has hit yet another batch of non-union workers. Remember how they "streamlined" our ramp operations so they could do the same job with 1/3 less workers? Where was a CHQ bid to cause those cutbacks?

Management loves to spin all this as a necessity due to an unofficial threat from our competition. Well until we see it in print then I wouldn't get your panties in a twist. Just like never believe a fleet order or until the first one is parked at the gate. Still, this type of threat is one more reason to have scope.

We still have rights to feed CAL until 2007 with the CPA. How can CHQ waltz in with a low bid now when we're still over a year away from renegotiating the CPA? The CPA can't be voided unless CAL enters bankruptcy and I don't see that happening before '07. Once the dust settles from our contract, only then can such counter offers be honestly accessed. With our infrastructure (training facilities and MX bases) I'd have to believe that we could still undercut CHQ. Heck, if they started doing our flying who do you think they would have to go to for their outstation needs like gate space? XJet. We might own much but we do own a good portion of the outstation operations that we utilize.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back