• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet to buy Chautauqua ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHQ may have the 170 added to our certificate as a tempory fix until Republic gets up and running. Xjet may want CHQ because of that. It would give them a big time savings in getting their own 170 program up and running.

RSRVWINDSURFR said:
Dude, where have you been? XJT has been stashing away retro $$ ever since our contract became amendable.
I gots yo' money right here! - Jim Ream

Last edited:
EMBATP said:
i have heard that chataqua has some hodge-podge fleet(135/140/145) including some european 145's that suck pretty good. their a/c (at least some) dont have T/R's and their pax weigh more than x-jet pax. x-jet is dying to get rid of their 135/145er's, so how would this play out?
We're actually in good shape on the fleet types. All of the 135/140s are LR models, and all the 145s were until last year. Last spring and summer we received a total of 4 145MP models, from defunct Greek and Austrian airlines. These airplanes are basically ERs with upgraded MZFW and MLW (same as the LRs). Not too bad unless you have a long flight (only 9200 lbs. of fuel...). Then, this summer when we started UA flying, we received 1 145 EP, basically an ER without TRs. This POS is a nightmare.. nose-heavy, lower MZFW and MLW which is what really screws us (these numbers are the same as the 140LR, incidentally). There was a rumor that all our UA aircraft would be like this; thankfully that's not been the case. Instead we've recycled older 145LRs from the Delta side and sent factory-new 145s to Delta...

I believe Trans States' UA aircraft are all sans TRs.. don't know if they're the dreaded EP or some other EIEIO variant. So.. out of almost 60 145s to have only 5 mutt varients isn't TOO bad (unless you're the one stuck with it that day).

EMBATP said:
i have heard that chataqua . . . (insert untrue/inflammatory/misleading statement here)

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this I wouldn't have to work.

I won't say "never", but any consolidation with X-jet would not be anywhere in the near future. It doesn't fit BB's plan, or culture based on what has been said privately and publicly.

As the fan turns.......:rolleyes:

ASH said:
I won't say "never", but any consolidation with X-jet would not be anywhere in the near future. It doesn't fit BB's plan, or culture based on what has been said privately and publicly.

As the fan turns.......:rolleyes:

Since you guys are now public it doesn't have to be a concern to BB. He may just wake up one day and find all the oustanding stock purchased.

mckpickle said:
Since you guys are now public it doesn't have to be a concern to BB. He may just wake up one day and find all the oustanding stock purchased.

Hostile takeover? Yeah, sure. XJT's got the cash for that.

Besides, Wexford owns 51 percent of the stock, so that can't happen. And since Delta holds 17 percent, it likely won't dump something that's making money.

Of course the rumor I heard was Mesa buying ExpressJet, not ExpressJet buying CHQ...

The rumor I'm hearing around CLE is that CHQ put a bid on the Continental flying for $200 to $300 less per hour than XJET is getting.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back