ExpressJet to buy Chautauqua ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto West

I have heard some whispers around the school house that ExpressJet is looking at buying Chautauqua. This has gone as far as training department meetings looking into integration. This makes a little more sense then the whole Pinnacle purchases rumor since both companies operate the same equipment.

Anybody else here anything else about this on either side?

If it were true I doubt much would happen until the XJet contract is settled. Management isn't being very giving with scope talks which implies strong interest to do some purchasing.

Be200pilot said:
does expressjet have a public lounge?
If you mean a public forum, then no. We have www.calforums.com which is restricted to CAL and XJT pilots only and affectionately refered to as "The Crackpipe". There is a "new hire" forum on there that anyone can get access to, however.

Otto West said:
I have heard some whispers around the school house that ExpressJet is looking at buying Chautauqua. This has gone as far as training department meetings looking into integration. This makes a little more sense then the whole Pinnacle purchases rumor since both companies operate the same equipment.

Anybody else here anything else about this on either side?
Heard the same rumor a couple of weeks ago. Appears Chautauqua is concerned over the USAirways situation and possibly the fight over the 70 seat scope issues with American (ala APA).

BB is probably looking to cash out and ExpressJet needs growth. Wonder what BB would do with the Republic certificate?

AS A SIDE NOTE: Pinnacle operates CRJs, ExpressJet operates EMBs. Wouldn't that be a perfect merger since someone would finally be able to compete against Mesa for new flying (ie any 50- RJ equipment)?

Last edited:
yea well its going to hard for xjt to grow having to pay 45 mil to the pilots in retro pay....

vmc-hound said:
yea well its going to hard for xjt to grow having to pay 45 mil to the pilots in retro pay....
Dude, where have you been? XJT has been stashing away retro $$ ever since our contract became amendable.

It would be interesting if this rumor were true. I believe that there will definitely be a large amount of consolidation over the next few years if this industry is ever to stabilize. The bad news is the result it will have on industry average salaries. I am just wondering how long we have to keep hearing rumors instead of seeing some actual movement.

storminpilot said:
Heard the same rumor a couple of weeks ago. Appears Chautauqua is concerned over the USAirways situation and possibly the fight over the 70 seat scope issues with American (ala APA).

BB is probably looking to cash out and ExpressJet needs growth. Wonder what BB would do with the Republic certificate?

AS A SIDE NOTE: Pinnacle operates CRJs, ExpressJet operates EMBs. Wouldn't that be a perfect merger since someone would finally be able to compete against Mesa for new flying (ie any 50- RJ equipment)?
BB is looking to dump the 145's just like the Saabs. EMB 145 are yesterdays news. With the new weights they are not even 50 seat airplanes if there is Wx. The 170/190 is the future and he has a head start on the rest. Pay is only 5% more for the Ca plus you add another Fa and you get (mgt) 40% more seats. The 190 is an even better deal, 15% more than the 145 CA pay and the 2 FA's and they get 80% more rev. Look for the dump and flush on CHQ 145/135 and AA can have the 140.

i have heard that chataqua has some hodge-podge fleet(135/140/145) including some european 145's that suck pretty good. their a/c (at least some) dont have T/R's and their pax weigh more than x-jet pax. x-jet is dying to get rid of their 135/145er's, so how would this play out?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back