• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PapaSiera

ExpressJet the Surviving Name and Cert?

investor.expressjet.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=130007&p=irol-sec

At the special meeting, you will be asked to consider and vote upon a proposal to adopt and approve the merger agreement entered into on August 3,
2010, pursuant to which an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest would merge with and into ExpressJet, with ExpressJet surviving as an indirect
wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest

Last edited:
Doesn't mean anything significant. ExpressJet will be merged into ASA and be called ASA. This just means that Skywest will retain the rights to that name and won't terminate the ExpressJet name. Maybe they're possibly revive it in the future as another separate airline. Can you say whipsaw?

They are going to use the BTA certificate due to the CAT II, Mexico, Bahamas, Guatemala, and Cuba authorization.

Expressjet is actually using the Britt Airways certificate from when Britt Airways, Mountain Air Express and Bar Harbor were bought by Continental and combined to Make Continental Express.

Expressjet is actually using the Britt Airways certificate from when Britt Airways, Mountain Air Express and Bar Harbor were bought by Continental and combined to Make Continental Express.

Amongst the consolidation, Mountain Air was not included. Instead, it included Rocky Mountain Airways and also PBA.

Britt had some 'RJs' back then...BAC-111s.

They are going to use the BTA certificate due to the CAT II, Mexico, Bahamas, Guatemala, and Cuba authorization.

ASA is authorized for all of that plus extended-overwater flights (162nm off shore). I don't think it really matters which certificate survives. They'll take the best of both and combine it.

However, I would not be surprised if the ExpressJet name survives. It's a better name than ASA, and gets rid of the negative stigma of the ASA name. My prediction: the new Atlantic Southeast logo with the ExpressJet name replacing ASA.

From the Merger Filing:
"On August 3, 2010, SkyWest, Inc. ("SkyWest") and Express Delaware Merger Co., an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of SkyWest ("SkyWest Subsidiary"), entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the "Merger Agreement") with ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. ("ExpressJet"). SkyWest Subsidiary is wholly-owned by Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc. ("Atlantic Southeast"), a wholly-owned SkyWest subsidiary. Pursuant to the Merger Agreement, SkyWest proposes to acquire ExpressJet, through a merger between SkyWest Subsidiary and ExpressJet (the "Merger"), and the stockholders of ExpressJet will receive $6.75 per share in cash (the "Merger Consideration") for each of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock of ExpressJet. Following the Merger, ExpressJet will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atlantic Southeast."

I believe the "indirect wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest" in the OP's reference is Express Delaware Merger Co., which is a special acquisition vehicle under Atlantic Southeast. There is nothing to see here. ExpressJet will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atlantic Southeast until fully integrated, just like Northwest was a wholly owned subsidiary of DAL initially. However, I would not be terribly surprised if the ExpressJet name is retained after SOC approval.

Latest resources

Back