• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet routes formally announced..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know you will say that it isn't non stop between some of these cities but if you fill planes SWA can easily adapt and make these flights non stop or worse do the $39 and up fare between these cities, which ExpressJet would never be able to keep up with.

You have no idea what I will write or say. Do not put words in my mouth. Since you are unwilling to provide data for your previous assertion, perhaps you could post the information stating that the ERJ has the most unfavorable CASM "known to man." Again, I'm eager to learn.

the 145 casm is pretty high, something like 14 cents. Swa is doing about 8 cents right now

Last edited:
you morons (few) should be standing by our sides...what happened to raising the bar...???

tip my hat to Air Whisky boys....

the 145 casm is pretty high, something like 14 cents. Swa is doing about 8 cents right now

Yeah, I know it's way up there. I'm just messing with FlyWithSean and his amazing knowledge base. :)

Not to interupt the Kool-Aid drinking and cat fighting but......

Historically, SWA has trashed the competition when they (SWA) entered a new market. From a business and marketing standpoint, it will be very interesting to see how XJT attacks this new "branded flying" and attempts to establish dominance, esp with respect to the cities that SWA already serves, and how SWA counters those efforts. I'd like to see the business plan when SWA is forced to play defense. I'm sure they have a few tricks left in the old hat.

If your in the mood for a good story about a startup airline, I highly reccommend the book NUTS!! This industry needs more guys like Herb!

Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, but its gonna be a great history/business lesson from two very progressive and aggressive mgmt teams.

Disclaimer: I have no dog in this fight, but its gonna be a great history/business lesson from two very progressive and aggressive mgmt teams.

Agreed. If it works, it will be remarkable. If not, the Flightinfo servers will shut down from the inundation of "I told you so" posts. Good luck to everyone.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but economics are what they are.

They are what they are alright...they are something that airline pilots know absolutely nothing about. The bean counters are paid one hell of a salary to analyze this stuff and make these decisions, so lets let them do their jobs.

We are only targeting 2x a day service to these cities-- that's only 100 seats a day, very small potatoes in comparison to Southwest, that's less than one 737. They generally like 6-8x service daily or they don't want to bother with it-- that's 800-1100 seats a day.

I doubt they're all that concerned about us (if they have even heard of us) doing a few low frequncy higher priced non-stops. I guess we'll see.

And these plans have been on the shelf waiting for about the last 5 years. The planning and market analysis has not been thown together overnight. We always knew CAL would probably start showing us the door at some point. I hope CAL is enjoying our replacements, they're doing such a fine job.

Last edited:
I have to admitt, I get a little nervous when I hear (I don't know for a fact) that XJT is going head to head on some of these routes against LUV. They are indeed the 800 lb gorilla. But to their credit, I'm glad to see some innovation from a management team who would not take it between the legs. Instead chooses a path that for better or for worse is for the survival of the company and its employees. It shows that they care about their family.

I for one, will be cheering for you guys to make it and to set a new standard in this industry. As pilots, we should all be behind these guys! It will eventually contribute to showing other companies that money can be made without squeezing your employees.

The bean counters are paid one hell of a salary to analyze this stuff and make these decisions, so lets let them do their jobs.

Trust in bean counters, pure genius. These types have never, ever, sent a company or two into BK with their high salaried decisions. Perhaps they could advise you in your next contract negotiation......

Latest resources

Back