• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FO's are getting left behind by the fact that we're not at 60% of capt. pay. Most of the rest of the contract has good improvements.

box

This is not flaimbait; I simply want to get as many perspectives as possible.

Britpilot (and others that support this TA),

Britpilot, you state that you see a lot of stuff in the contract that you like. Please give specific examples. To me, the miniscule work rule improvements are insufficient to justify living with such obscene wages for the next 4-6 years. How will your life change under this TA compared to our current contract? In my opinion, not enough to vote yes. Aside, from scope I don't think we have much to lose by sending the NC back to the table. And for those who completely believe the union's doom and gloom story about our industry and the nation...save it for another thread. Let's evaluate this TA for what it is worth. Either it meets our expectations or it does not.

Britpilot said:
Yes I am a check airman.
I only get over ride when I am flying as a check airman.
I was a Beech FO in '98 , a Beech CA until '01 so I know all about low pay as you are earning more now than I did as a Beech CA in '01. I'm sorry that I am senior to you, that is just a fact of life.
I don't even know what I will see for a retro check yet. I am looking at the whole contract and I see a lot of stuff in there that I like. I really don't see where the FO,s are being left behind.
-Every dollar counts.
-I figured you were once an FO.
-Don't be sorry. I'm not sorry about being senior to 1st year FO's, but I'll be thinking about them when I vote NO.
-Your retro check will be enough to "aid" in your decision.
-We're being left behind with no retro and substandard wages. That's how.

BTW, I wasn't being a smart*ss when I said I'd vote yes if in your shoes. It's unfortunate that the NC has put us in such a position. Nothing like a $15,000 check two weeks before Christmas to bribe half the voters into accepting horrid wages for the next 5 years.

EMB145FO said:
This is not flaimbait; I simply want to get as many perspectives as possible.

Britpilot (and others that support this TA),

Britpilot, you state that you see a lot of stuff in the contract that you like. Please give specific examples. To me, the miniscule work rule improvements are insufficient to justify living with such obscene wages for the next 4-6 years. How will your life change under this TA compared to our current contract? In my opinion, not enough to vote yes. Aside, from scope I don't think we have much to lose by sending the NC back to the table. And for those who completely believe the union's doom and gloom story about our industry and the nation...save it for another thread. Let's evaluate this TA for what it is worth. Either it meets our expectations or it does not.
I don't know who you are because you have posted anonymously and hence, I have no idea if you have seen a road show presentation so all I can ask is "have you seen a road show presentation yet?" We do address all of your concerns. I have given each of the 4-hour presentations for the past 5 days and have yet to a purely "doom and gloom" story but rather - have provided the facts and the reality as we see it. We talk about the positives and the negatives and much much more. On day 1 alone, this TA adds 34.4% cost to our pilot payroll of and this does not count a $30 million retro payment to our pilots by December 23.

Neal Schwartz
Chairman
XJT Negotiating Committee

JetLinkin Park said:
- Nothing like a $15,000 check two weeks before Christmas to bribe half the voters into accepting horrid wages for the next 5 years.
How is retro considered a bribe? I, like a lot of us, have been waiting for over two years for this contract. Christmas has nothing to do with my decision. If you knew me then you would know that I always suport the Express pilots be they Captains or FO's or even Flow backs :D

Britpilot said:
How is retro considered a bribe? I, like a lot of us, have been waiting for over two years for this contract. Christmas has nothing to do with my decision. If you knew me then you would know that I always suport the Express pilots be they Captains or FO's or even Flow backs :D
Ugh, please don't use the "F" word.:)

Britpilot said:
-Just ask any flowback that question.
-So have I. That's why I'm so disappointed.
-Nor mine. Just hoping I could afford gifts for the kids this year.

Jesus, I post that in passing that IAH pilots are more inclined to vote YES on this TA than those in EWR and CLE. Wow, so you know a few who buck that trend, big freakin' deal, I never said that I actually polled every **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** pilot in this company. Yes each base is different and I can assure you that those paying their NY/NJ taxes will be looking at these pay rates a bit different than those in sunny TX.

Brit, we all know the hardships of the old Beech FO's and captains but give it a break. The captains were upgrading in less than a year and were pay protected on the ATR/120 or even Jet soon their after. How long did those '99 hires have to wait before they cleared $30k? 1 year? 2 years? Meanwhile the rest of us are still waiting after 5 years.

Also remember how much it sucked to see the Beech pilots left in the dust on that last contract? It looks like we're setting up for that to happen to the whole FO list on this one.

Nova said:
Hook, Line and Sinker
Why is it "hook, line, and sinker" if he came to a road show, listened, asked questions, and is still on the fence but maybe leaning one way? Sounds like the presentation did its job....it made him think.

-Neal

BluDevAv8r said:
I don't know who you are because you have posted anonymously and hence, I have no idea if you have seen a road show presentation so all I can ask is "have you seen a road show presentation yet?" We do address all of your concerns. I have given each of the 4-hour presentations for the past 5 days and have yet to a purely "doom and gloom" story but rather - have provided the facts and the reality as we see it. We talk about the positives and the negatives and much much more. On day 1 alone, this TA adds 34.4% cost to our pilot payroll of and this does not count a $30 million retro payment to our pilots by December 23.

Neal Schwartz
Chairman
XJT Negotiating Committee
Neal, I was at a road show and I think that you did a great job presenting the facts. I appreciate all the effort on everyone's part in our union. This is my take on things. We have waited already 2 years. In my opinion it is worth a 6 or maybe 12 month wait to be released to self help rather than accept something that is far below everyone's expectations for another 6+ years. I think Kerry will win the election. The politics of the NMB could change for the better and get worse again over the course of this new contract, and it will get even harder to get out of this rj hole that we're getting buried in. It is up to our pilot group to change things. I know you feel this is a good contract given the circumstances. I disagree however and feel that we are still not raising the bar that was set by the hard work and determination of the Comair pilots. You and I know that the company can afford to pay us a whole lot more than they are giving us. Why not wait it out a little while longer and let the pressure on the company build even more?

Latest resources

Back