Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet or Pinnacle which one and why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP170 said:
Yes it is nice. It's also nice to be in the left seat of it in 12-18 months not 3-4 years. How many more aircraft do you have coming at Express Jet? Guaranteed at least another 50 170's between now and next summer at CHQ. It's a no brainer, in my opinion, of where the most growth and movement is going to be in the regional industry.

You should be really proud. You are part of the problem. Expand the "RJ" market instead of the mainlines. I guess you are one of those whom have no desire to move on and get on with a major. Enjoy CHQ for the rest of your career. Actually thats great stay there because that just opens up one more spot later down the road for someone who wont just settle for shtty contracts and pay.

RP170 said:
Yes it is nice. It's also nice to be in the left seat of it in 12-18 months not 3-4 years. How many more aircraft do you have coming at Express Jet? Guaranteed at least another 50 170's between now and next summer at CHQ. It's a no brainer, in my opinion, of where the most growth and movement is going to be in the regional industry.
Thats okay, its nice to go to work not feeling like a cheap whore.

Current Fleet, Orders & Options

Embraer ERJ-135Current Fleet30

Embraer ERJ-145Current Fleet140

Embraer ERJ-145XRCurrent Fleet75

On Order29
2 aircraft delivered every 30 days begining in January of 2005.
Target: 21 @ EOY 2005, 8 @ EOY 2006.

On Option100
ExpressJet has options to acquire 100 additional ERJ-145XRs.

Where's all your big numbers at?

And to the original poster, unless you live in one of Pinnacle's bases I don't think there is much of a decision to be made here. Nothing against Pinnacle pilots, but ExpressJet is a MUCH better place to work.

RP170 said:

You know it's a shame that you are an ex-ACA guy, because almost every Blue Ridger I've ever met has been pretty decent. The question was posed as a choice between two companies not three, so CHQ is not relevant to this conversation genius.

Maybe CHQ is so sought after that this guy has to settle for Xjet or Pinnacle. Not everybody has the foresight you had. Why don't you just tell this guy to stop wasting his time and get on with FedEx instead of either Xjet or Pinnacle?

It's the guys like you that beat your chest about the awesome upgrade that give CHQ a negative rep. Yep get that quick upgrade first and foremost. Gotta keep those pay scales consistent so Bedford can keep you in the captain seat. Turbine PIC baby, Turbine PIC!

Last edited:
If you've really been flying C-130's, you're probably over qualified for either airline. That said, I've been at Expressjet for a year now and have been quite satisfied with my job so far. First year pay sucks but luckily that's about to be over. Second year isn't going to knock anyone's sock off though. Either place is a gamble as far as upgrade and job security, but that's true of just about any job in this industry.

If you live in Detroit, Memphis, or Minneapolis I'd go with Pinnacle, otherwise, Expressjet.

nimtz said:
You know it's a shame that you are an ex-ACA guy, because almost every Blue Ridger I've ever met has been pretty decent. The question was posed as a choice between two companies not three, so CHQ is not relevant to this conversation genius.

Maybe CHQ is so sought after that this guy has to settle for Xjet or Pinnacle. Not everybody has the foresight you had. Why don't you just tell this guy to stop wasting his time and get on with FedEx instead of either Xjet or Pinnacle?

It's the guys like you that beat your chest about the awesome upgrade that give CHQ a negative rep. Yep get that quick upgrade first and foremost. Gotta keep those pay scales consistent so Bedford can keep you in the captain seat. Turbine PIC baby, Turbine PIC!

Ahh....it's too easy to get people fired up on here. I love it. You guys take this flightinfo stuff way too seriously. Relax.

I would think that if you had ~4000 hours and time in the service that you would strive for something better than ExpressJet or Pinnacle. Don't you have some old squadron pals that can walk in your resume somewhere?

dnkt said:
Current Fleet, Orders & Options

Embraer ERJ-135Current Fleet30

Embraer ERJ-145Current Fleet140

Embraer ERJ-145XRCurrent Fleet75

On Order29
2 aircraft delivered every 30 days begining in January of 2005.
Target: 21 @ EOY 2005, 8 @ EOY 2006.

On Option100
ExpressJet has options to acquire 100 additional ERJ-145XRs.

Where's all your big numbers at?

Almost correct. Continental Airlines has options for 100 EMBRAER aircraft of any type. XJT has no aircraft options. Continental can convert these options and do as they wish with them.

Latest resources

Back