Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet or Pinnacle? What would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crzypilot

I was wondering if I could get some help. I have interviews coming up at both of these places and was wondering what airline you would go too and why. I may only get one offer or even none. I would appreciate some honest opinions and the why's.

do a lot of research on each. things to look at, and picture yourself in, are things like, bases: where you'll work and live in/commute to. growth and potential: how long will you be an FO (i know it's hard to predict the future), what airlines are they 'attached' to. quality of life: pay, read through the reserve rules of their contracts, scheduling sections, etc.
if you get an offer from both, it may very well boil down to personal feeling. pinnacle seems like a pretty good company to work for, from the little knowledge i have of them. not going to comment on xjet, since i work there myself and my opinions will be biased, good and bad.

but, you said it yourself.. go with the one that hires you!
good luck.

Expressjet pays you $1,480 (untaxed) for about 8 weeks of training and a hotel. Pinnacle pays you $0 and I believe no hotel?, I may be wrong about that. Getting a check while in training makes a difference.

You get paid $0 for 2 months of training here at Pinnacle and your hotel stay is out-of-pocket, I guess we're talking about $35/day if you dont' share a room at the Holiday Inn. Training is done in MEM, but you will receive all this info during the interview. I don't know too much about Expressjet, but what exactly are you looking for in the company you want to fly for.
There are pro and cons at both companies.

Neither!

Go to Law School instead. This industry sucks! Wish ALPA would Cowboy up and say, ok, that's it. No more working for food stamp wages. Sure would be nice if the airlines couldn't find people that were happy to come fly their airplanes for 15 grand a year because they live with mom and dad and just love to fly. Maybe then they would have to do something novel, like actually pay people a livable wage. I'm all about loving to fly too, but GD, a man (or woman) has to make a living too and there is no reason we should be sh!t on like we are now. Sorry, just had to vent...ALOT.

Later,
EB

Expressjet or Pinnacle? What would you do?

Why set your sights for the gutter? I'd aim a little higher...like FedEx or UPS...or even one of those Low Cost Carriers like Southwest or Midwest.

Latest resources

Back