• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet or CHQ pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
choose the one with the base you want in the long run. Everyone here at XJET is happy for the most part and most people here dont believe anyone is getting furloughed. But it is a risk. About the 69 airframes Xjet has the first right on those planes and CAL hasnt said if they arent going to keep us flying them for them anyway. It could happen but truthfully no one knows exactly whats going to happen with the airplanes. But from what i understand CHQ just lost the rest of the E170 orders for USAIR so upgrade isnt that quick there either. On a positive note there are some signs of possible additional flying coming to XJET. We just got an email stating its in the works and the company is talking with our union about getting negotiations in the works. So we will see. Bottom line= Todays right choice is tomorrows wrong choice. Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:
Airways is flying the 190. There are still many many options for the entire 170/190 family of aircraft for US Airways. If they decide to exercise any of those to the 170 family of aircraft they will be flown by CHQ. One thing to remember is not to base your decision on potential or future codeshares that people talk about. Most of the time they end up being just that: rumors. Go where there is factual information and job security. That's the best advice I can give.

Last edited:
RP170 said:
Airways is flying the 190. There are still many many options for the entire 170/190 family of aircraft for US Airways. If they decide to exercise any of those to the 170 family of aircraft they will be flown by CHQ.

I may be mistaken but i thought USAIR decided to get the 190 so they changed those options to 190s. Either way i think both would be a good choice. Both are good airlines giving the state of the industry. Good luck

Superpilot92 said:
I may be mistaken but i thought USAIR decided to get the 190 so they changed those options to 190s. Either way i think both would be a good choice. Both are good airlines giving the state of the industry. Good luck

Yep you are mistaken. There are still options that can be exercised as either 170 or 190's.

Superpilot92 said:
There is no such thing as job security in this business.
That I know. Been furloughed once already. I just think that when 69 aircraft are on the chopping block that's about as far from security as one can get. Call me crazy I guess.

Superpilot92 said:
Options for USAIR. Thats what i said.

You don't understand. If they are exercised as 170 orders they will be flown at CHQ not Airways. There are options for whichever aircraft Airways wants to exercise: either the 190 or 170.

I agree with you and am not trying to start a pissing match. As i stated prior both companies are good companies. CHQ might be a better choice for some and XJT might be a better choice for others. I have a buddy who is finishing training right now here and yes he is concerned but as i stated prior everyone is optimistic and some good things MAY be around the corner. What if it does go good here? Then it will be the place to be again. Sometimes the wrong decision is the right decision tomorrow it works both ways. To each his own. Both are good companies plain and simple.

Latest resources

Back