ExpressJet or CHQ pool?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Johnny Utah said:
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated?

Also does anyone know how deep the CHQ pool is?

Thanks

Johnny

Going to CHQ would be a great idea, that is if they didn't pay their FOs the same amount to fly a 50 seat airplane as a 90 seat airplane.

ERJFO said:
Going to CHQ would be a great idea, that is if they didn't pay their FOs the same amount to fly a 50 seat airplane as a 90 seat airplane.

Another player who has yet to figure out the game.

Axel said:
Another player who has yet to figure out the game.

I would say he refuses to be played. With mainline finally putting their feet down re. scope, the regionals growth will slow down. When the music stops, I hope you are being well compensated for your chair. If you are fortunate enough to land in the left seat, I hope you can look to your right, and not have to apologize for myopically sacrificing your peers pay and QOL for your quick upgrade.

This is like a high school dance... You may ask a few and strike out so you dance with the one that says yes first... even though she has acne and braces! :)

ERJFO said:

Upgrade is so fast that it's worth the trade off. Also Why should any newhire make more than someone else, just because it has more seats?

rtmcfi said:
I would say he refuses to be played. With mainline finally putting their feet down re. scope, the regionals growth will slow down. When the music stops, I hope you are being well compensated for your chair. If you are fortunate enough to land in the left seat, I hope you can look to your right, and not have to apologize for myopically sacrificing your peers pay and QOL for your quick upgrade.
I hope if you are in the left seat at Express Jet you don't have to look at the new hire next to you in the right seat and have to appologize to them when they will most likely be furloughed in 2007 after losing 69 aircraft. I've been a victim of furlough once already. Don't let your career possibly begin by worrying about that. Personally, I don't think that risk is worth it.

That being said, I hope you consider that factor in chosing the right pool for you.

Last edited:
Upgrade is definitely slowing at CHQ. I'd say it's at about 2.5-3 years right now. Job security is good at the moment however.

Latest resources

Back