ExpressJet JCBA is complete

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This will be a terd, no doubt about it.

So who's gonna circulate the first decert petition?

I heard no duty rigs except for nappers. Vacation low stays but if vacation is between two months, you can't go low on both months.
I heard the same thing about vacation low, with the additional concession of no min guarantee--i.e. if you choose vacation low and credit 64 hours, you get paid 64 hours. So it's not really vacation, it's really time off without pay. No thanks.

Let's hope what I heard was wrong. After all, who would think we would sign off on that?

This will be a terd, no doubt about it.

So who's gonna circulate the first decert petition?
All we really need to do is vote no and send it back to the drawing board, and tell them they should have asked us what we wanted before spending all that time trying to negotiate on our behalf, while just guessing what we wanted. Just more work for them.

I heard the same thing about vacation low, with the additional concession of no min guarantee--i.e. if you choose vacation low and credit 64 hours, you get paid 64 hours. So it's not really vacation, it's really time off without pay. No thanks.

Let's hope what I heard was wrong. After all, who would think we would sign off on that?

Yes this is true.

I get the vacation low going to one month or the other.....but the no guarantee on vacation is an easy No Fing way. I can do the same thing on any month by just dropping a trip or two. That's is hardly vacation, thats time off without pay. If I wanted that I would just violate a few FARs.

The company is saying if we don't agree they will transfer flying to SkyWest. Really? So how will SkyWest find enough pilots to take our routes? Even if this is a cost neutral contract, how does approving this benefit the company? The only way this TA will benefit the company is for this to be a pay cut overall. At a minimum, surely this is cost neutral. So why would you lose flying if overall nothing has changed? Smoke and mirrors. I don't buy it.

Since they won't let us strike, if we vote this down it will be our equivalent of our strike.

I bid vaca low but still do 75 hours on a vaca month turning seven days into four weeks with carry over vaca. But I will still vote no.

We weren't allowed to strike in 07 but the point still got across.

There is not enough staffing in the industry to cover our flying and besides, the fleet is going to have to shrink due to all the pilots that will be leaving. The company is going to get its wish of transferring airplanes, but for reasons other than leverage against labor.

PS, I committed to voting no the moment we went into negotiations and still do.

Last edited:
I bid vaca low but still do 75 hours on a vaca month turning seven days into four weeks with carry over vaca. But I will still vote no.

What is the point of crediting 75 hours if you're bidding Vacation Low? You can credit 65 and get paid 75.

Regardless, this option is G-O-N-E.

The thing that PBS was sold on, is outta here.

I'm gonna read the TA, but this is a show stopper for me. Sorry ALPs, try again you nincompoops. 200 sessions for this wad of joy.

Latest resources

Back