• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet is hiring!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not going to get into a pissing match. This thread was about people getting an XJT interview. I chimed in because I also got the email. I stated the reason I was not going to the interview, the biggest reason is I would not be happy making 70K per yr long term. In my book that's chump change, but if your happy making those kind of wages more power to you. I'm not and I will leave it at that.

B-J-J Fighter said:
I'm not going to get into a pissing match. This thread was about people getting an XJT interview. I chimed in because I also got the email. I stated the reason I was not going to the interview, the biggest reason is I would not be happy making 70K per yr long term. In my book that's chump change, but if your happy making those kind of wages more power to you. I'm not and I will leave it at that.

I call BS on you BJ BOY. IF you dont want to make crappy pay then WHY are you working as a 121 FO instead at working at your Mommy and Daddys dealership making some real coin? Unless of course your making a REAL paycheck at your second 121 job flying a T-prop. Fill us in were you work so we can see where the real paychecks at.

Carry on.

B-J-J Fighter said:

The problem B-J-J Fighter is that then you have to tell people you are a car dealer which is probably the most CLASSLESS OCCUPATION IN THE WORLD. I'd rather have my lower salary and dignity than be a car dealer. Oh and yes, I used to make a "real check" as you so elegantly put it before I got into aviation. You an your family are probably the definition of new money rednecks living outside the perimeter in ATL. Nothing worse than someone who tells you how "much" money they make.

These are the guys that boggle my mind. 7-8k a month is chump change to him, ok I won't argue that. 200k/yr is the new 100k/yr, you're not going to retire with a vacation home in Malibu and put the kids through private school & Ivy League college on 100k. But then why in the hell are you even bothering with this job, you're an FO pulling in what, 3k... 4k max a month? Now that's really chump change. You're wasting away your prime savings years where you could be building your retirement into something substantial. Go work for your parents, leave this pathetic career for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to have options like yourself.

If you're LUCKY it'll be AT LEAST 5 years before you're even making the 7-8k you refer to as chump change, let alone surpass it.

I'm not trying to be a dcik, but with the options you have I truely have to question your intelligence for taking the path you're taking.

B-J-J Fighter said:
You can even wear your uniform tie, you can even tell people you were an "airline" pilot. Be sure to tell the detailer's how much money you make so they laugh at you as well. Tell the tech's how much you make so we can keep them working hard, that's where we make the most money in the dealership, Parts and Service. Most hard working techs make more than an RJ Cappy.
If a tech works a lot of overtime he might make close to what one of our RJ CA's makes but he isn't going to come close working a 40 hour week. His earning potential will be forever limited by how quickly he can turn a wrench. Even if you're working in a shop that pays you "book time" and you're faster than the book you're going to work damn hard to bring in over 80K unless you move into management. The real money is made by the F&I people and the salesmen that are in the top 10%. If your family really owned dealerships you'd know that. You may be able to pass your BS to most of the folks on this board but it isn't getting past me. Your family may have a dealership or two but something tells me you weren't too involved.

My Dad is a retired union mechanic. I know a lot of people who made a ton of money in the car business because we used to recruit them into a business I was involved in during a former career. I used to work with guys that made over 6 figures in the car business. We had a better opportunity to offer them so a lot of them jumped ship and came to work for us. You can make a lot of money in sales which is what I did for several years before flying professionally. You don't make a lot of money in sales though working 3 or 4 days a week. It's hard work and for me it was rather unpleasant. I didn't enjoy it. I also didn't like the fact that I almost went bankrupt when the economy crashed in 91 after the first Gulf War. You want to go sell cars or be an F&I manager than go for it. If you are really good at what you do will make more than I will flying. I just hope you enjoy your time in the office buddy.

Last edited:
WTF is up with this board? I wrote word "dam" with an "n" on the end of it and the software edited it to read "dang."

Here's my advice to the moderator - "Lighten up Francis"

We're all big boys. If people can't handle seeing the word dam_n then they need to go read the Baptist church forum or something.

BJ-

You're a self-righteous little punk. Do the airline industry a favor and stay out of the game- you're simply looking for glory. It's elsewhere, like bilking folks out of cash for a bucket of bolts.

I've made what you call a "real paycheck," but I'd burn in hell or fly for MESA before I ever stooped to the level of car salesman or even own a dealership- scum of the earth, every last one of you.

Stay out.

Heard XJT and Frontier are talking. Frontier needs help in Denver to fight SWA and UAL. Mesa and Skywest are on there knees already for UAL, Delta, and US Air, so Frontier cant get in them. Surprises me though, MESA and Skywest you would think could handle another in the gangbang.

drinksonme said:
Heard XJT and Frontier are talking. Frontier needs help in Denver to fight SWA and UAL. Mesa and Skywest are on there knees already for UAL, Delta, and US Air, so Frontier cant get in them. Surprises me though, MESA and Skywest you would think could handle another in the gangbang.

That would be sweet. DEN base!!! Frontier is already using Horizon but i could see XJET doing some east coast stuff for them since horizon has the west stuff covered. What ever happens its going to be interesting.

Superpilot92 said:
That would be sweet. DEN base!!! Frontier is already using Horizon but i could see XJET doing some east coast stuff for them since horizon has the west stuff covered. What ever happens its going to be interesting.

Yeah Frontier already uses Horizon and Great Lakes...I call shenanigans on that rumour;)

Latest resources

Back