Expressjet is hiring!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rigger

Help me out here, Pilots getting furloughed on one end and I just got a come to interview for a Feb class on the other what is going on?

Anyone know or care to speculate

Nobody gets furloughed until the end of the year, if it happens at all. In the meantime, the airplanes must be crewed. Take the job at your own risk, and don't expect for anyone to take a paycut so that you can keep your job.

Could be the best choice you have ever made or could be a temp job, none of us really know. Put it this way if things go good youwill be in before everyone wants to be here again. Or the shiat hits the fan at the end of the year and we lose 69 aircraft and furlough. Most people here are optimistic so if you dont have anything else on the table come on. XJET needs to hire at least 300 people this year just at current capacity to staff 274 aircraft we will have as of this year. Good luck

I got the same email this morning. they are not my first choice but I think I will go to get interview under my belt. Good luck.

I also got the email this morning. I'm at my second 121 job and don't plan on leaving for XJT. I think it's a big risk right now. RIGHT NOW if things stay the way they are I'm less than 18 months away from being a prop CPT and hopefully will be able to get out of this regional grind all together. I don't think I could be happy making RJ Cappy wages in the long run. I have bills and a family and I need the a little quicker upgrade so I can make a real paycheck. I worked a sales job while building my time and I know what a real paycheck looks like. I bet upgrade at XJT will resemble Eagle's in th not to distant future. Just my 2 cents.

i am putting in an app as we speak
can't wait to meet all of these nice folks
flying a jet for a living has been a lifelong dream, only if for the next few months

Alot of us "MAY" be out of a job in a year and upgrades "MAY" be growing to the likes of Eagle, but, in my short time here, it sure is nice to be with a company that gives a damn about its people and has a contract to reflect that.

We'll see if management can pull something off to save our jobs and keep this respectable and proud company in business. Its really a shame that other outfits with shitty contracts, shitty pay, and a shitty attitude may take our flying.

Vladimir Lenin said:
i am putting in an app as we speak
can't wait to meet all of these nice folks
flying a jet for a living has been a lifelong dream, only if for the next few months
As of now there is no better place to work, but things could go either way in a year. It's a gamble coming here right now, but the whole industry is a gamble; pick 'em as you wish.

Good luck if/when you get an interview.

Latest resources

Back