Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet evolving on the vacation bidding...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Data

Well played Management! You looked at which weeks had the largest number of vacations for February and then withheld pairings around that week to eliminate the largest number of reserve/vacation guys from getting lines! Give them credit, they're beating us at every turn. I guess this means we don't have to give this back to them in the next contract.

You jes' gettin' a taste of the SKYW way, (BH) troll style!

Hows that PBS working for you ?

It worked quite well for me. For February I was awarded a four day trip at the beginning of the month, followed by 16 days off, then a four day trip, followed by four days of vacation = 20 days off for the month total. Next month I'll have lots of time off again since my vacation runs into March and my bid will once again be complete when it reaches 65 hours during the building process.

It doesn't matter which system we use, PBS or legacy XJET line bidding, managment will find ways to work the system to their advantage. Anything can be made better, but I am very happy with PBS at the moment.

Worked well for me too. I only work six days in February with sixteen days off in a row and another six day off run at the beginning of the month. That was done with only one week of vacation. I would have never been able to do that and still get guarantee pay before PBS.

So much for bh's plan of a one team approach and core values of treating other departments with dignity and respect.

2x 4 Days and 1x 3 day. 20 days off. No Vacation. 64 hrs Credit, but paid 75. Doing some traveling next month.

No vacation. 16 days off---including one 8-day stretch. 85 hours of credit. Better than anything I ever had with line bidding.

Many of the CRJ200 withheld pairings appeared to be the BOTC charters that had incorrect credit values in FLICA.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back