• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet concessionary LOA/TA out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you even know what is going on? If you did you would know that oil prices have no effect on our revenue. Have you researched the situation or just saw paycuts and $77 oil and put two and two together?

Just curious Bourg. Is your total time really 1000 hours?

Ya it was over 3 years ago, would it invalidate my point if it was? I don't feel the need to update my FI profile with every new addition to my license or logbook.

Do you even know what is going on? If you did you would know that oil prices have no effect on our revenue. Have you researched the situation or just saw paycuts and $77 oil and put two and two together?

Sure I know what is going on:

Continental sees their fuel costs cut in half.

Continental can afford to pay more money to express.

Express can afford to pay their pilots more.

If express did a knee jerk contract they can just demand more $ because without those 200 ERJs continental is screwed.

I feel for you guys really....don't take this personal but you were on top of the food chain by defalut. Comair, ASA stood in that #1 spot and now look where they are.

That's a good point, you could throw in ACA's rates at that time as well. One thing to remember, there was a tagline going around when contract 04 was being negotiated as to why the rates didn't match COMAIR's.

If I remember correctly, the response was something along the lines of this paraphrase; "they (COMAIR) are going to take pay cuts anyway. Also, the profit sharing in the contract will make up for the difference".

How f'ed up does that sound?

Sure I know what is going on:

Continental sees their fuel costs cut in half.

Continental can afford to pay more money to express.

Express can afford to pay their pilots more.

If express did a knee jerk contract they can just demand more $ because without those 200 ERJs continental is screwed.

Actually you don't. CAL hedge 20% I believe at $140 so their fuel cost have not been cut in half.

CAL just lost over $200 million in 2008 3rd quarter

ExpressJet has lost over $70 million this year and at the current rate is 3-6 months from bankruptcy

CAL owns the 200 ERJs and it is in our contract that if XJT goes chapter 11 or 7 CAL will take their planes back at a rate of about 10-15 a month and ship them to CHQ and SKW to less paid pilots.

Why would CAL renegotiate our CPA if they are getting the lowest 50 seat jet costs? That is not how business works.

What you claim you know is far from the facts.

Last edited:
CAL owns the 200 ERJs and it is in our contract that if XJT goes chapter 11 or 7 CAL will take their planes back at a rate of about 10-15 a month and ship them to CHQ and SKW to less paid pilots.

What you claim you know is far from the facts.

I'm curious, did something change? I was always under the impression that CAL LEASES the ERJ's, THEN subleases them to XJT.

We do while we use them but if we go bankrupt CAL gets them back per the CPA, XJT is only leasing them from CAL.

We do while we use them but if we go bankrupt CAL gets them back per the CPA, XJT is only leasing them from CAL.

Right. But that doesn't answer the original question of whether something has changed or not.

Does CAL OWN them, or just lease them?

CAL owns the 200 ERJs

In my time at XJT, I always heard CAL holds the leases on them, not owned them.

Latest resources

Back