• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet CEO stepping down in January

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cx880, you're in over your element Donnie. UAL picked us after we'd delivered good perf on 2 seperate short term contracts. As for republic, we used to use our branded spares to pick up yalls dead weight in IAH after yall were cancelling and delaying the 20-something cities Larry tossed in your doggy bowl. I've got friends with yall, but I'm glad to see you go; yall sucked, the numbers don't lie no matter how you skew them
by pencil whipping your times over the radio with doors still open.

Yea they got it and the cheaper airlines didn't.

TSA said no, AWAC said no. The next likely candidate which has way more expensive costs is Expressjet. They've been operating at a loss since the day they lost the flying for 69 airplanes. A secure home for a couple of dozen airplanes out 69 for a few years is hardly comforting. Don't take out that loan for the BMW just yet.

Facts

HK said no, and we've all probably read the letter. More than likely has more to do with economies of scale, or the lack of it at TSA than anything else, ya think?

Are you sure you have your facts straight on AWAC, or rather, what led up to then HAVING to tell UAL no?

Economies of scale guys, look it up.

Also XJT will have XM radio, power outlets, and wifi on all the UAX planes. That means a better product at a LOW cost, not necessarily LOWER cost.

HK said no, and we've all probably read the letter. More than likely has more to do with economies of scale, or the lack of it at TSA than anything else, ya think?

Are you sure you have your facts straight on AWAC, or rather, what led up to then HAVING to tell UAL no?

No you're right they probably thought they couldn't make lease payments an extra two years for the 22 jets with no home in addition to the Mitsubishi MRJs.

No you're right they probably thought they couldn't make lease payments an extra two years for the 22 jets with no home in addition to the Mitsubishi MRJs.

Good job. So basically, you weren't able to answer too many questions with facts, including the one asked that elicited the above post. No clue as to MESA's aircraft count, nor what AWAC management was wanting to do to secure that flying.

Are you really a GoJet pilot as referenced previously?

I'm pretty sure CAL sold all remaining shares of xjt. It was in the CAL penison fund but those guys sold that crappy stock asap!!!!!

Cx880, you're in over your element Donnie. UAL picked us after we'd delivered good perf on 2 seperate short term contracts. As for republic, we used to use our branded spares to pick up yalls dead weight in IAH after yall were cancelling and delaying the 20-something cities Larry tossed in your doggy bowl. I've got friends with yall, but I'm glad to see you go; yall sucked, the numbers don't lie no matter how you skew them
by pencil whipping your times over the radio with doors still open.

Yes your performance was good and you do have a good product....I agree with you there. I can assure you though that UAL's decision was not based on that when giving you the contract for flying. It is all about the mighty dollar, and XJT paid UAL for the flying. Why wouldn't they have you fly for them? SKYW gave UAL decent terms on a big loan = extended contracts on crj's. Once again it's a money thing. AWAC pilots wouldn't cave in on concessions. Mesa wouldn't operate for any cheaper than what they already were (they claim they were already bleeding cash in the previous deal). Simple decision if you ask me.
sl

Good job. So basically, you weren't able to answer too many questions with facts, including the one asked that elicited the above post. No clue as to MESA's aircraft count, nor what AWAC management was wanting to do to secure that flying.

How should I know all that? Congratulations it looks like you one an arguament in an internet form. good jub

Yes your performance was good and you do have a good product....I agree with you there. I can assure you though that UAL's decision was not based on that when giving you the contract for flying. It is all about the mighty dollar,

True, ESPECIALLY when it concerns UAL, price is what matters first.

and XJT paid UAL for the flying. Why wouldn't they have you fly for them?

In the big picture, how much is 2.7 million in stock REALLY worth to a company like UAL? They can burn through that much in the international departure bank out of ORD or IAD in a SINGLE day. Even if the stock doubles, what is 5.4 million to UAL? The terms of the deal took a decent amount of time to work out between UAL and XJT. I wouldn't doubt that when a legacy takes on a new partner, there's probably a bunch of administrative and other costs associated with it. XJT may have said they'd foot the bill of taking on a new partner with stock. Whatever the reason, would you say that the flying was really "paid" for with that small amount of money? Let alone a good decision on UAL's part? Especially with the announcement the CEO is leaving. Would that 2.7 million even cover Tilton's Chicago apartment? The 2.7 is chump change in relation to what SKW loaned them.

SKYW gave UAL decent terms on a big loan = extended contracts on crj's. Once again it's a money thing. AWAC pilots wouldn't cave in on concessions.

Glad somebody else knows that, as it seems another poster is terribly ignorant of that fact.

Mesa wouldn't operate for any cheaper than what they already were (they claim they were already bleeding cash in the previous deal). Simple decision if you ask me.
sl

The sad part is, when MESA got the UAL flying during the BK, their bid was based an amount that was a best case scenario, NOT the inefficient mess that MESA actually operates at.

How should I know all that? Congratulations it looks like you one an arguament in an internet form. good jub

You were talking out of your bunghole and couldn't provide any facts to back up your statements. Never mind the highlighted areas :rolleyes:

Are you really a Gojet guy, or girl?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back