• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet bumping ASA out of LAX with 10 ERJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta deal is official. Memo just came out on company web site saying ten airplanes based in LAX starting June 1. Press release to be out within 24hrs.

For those that think this may be rumors, here are interesting responses by Jerry Atkin, President, SkyWest, Inc. when asked about this on Monday and he says that 1) he has no comment on the XJET flying out of LAX and 2) doubts that XJET will get any flying out of SLC. So maybe XJET gets LAX flying and someone else gets some SLC stuff.

BINGO
More ASA 50 seat rj's will be in SLC in the near future, as soon as the contract is completed. Whipsawing is coming to UTAH!

Last edited:
Ouch!! Any time one commuter gets bumped out in favor of another, it's a sad day. Sad for the fact that lives are impacted and the affected carrier is left scrambling to place the jets with the pilots that go with them somewhere else.

However, if this was inevitable, ExpressJet couldn't have been a better choice. It's nice to know that Delta didn't choose the bottom feeder who was able to provide the lift on the backs of low wages. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. They've worked hard to be a respectable carrier and their contract is something that I envy.

All of this goes to show that quality is still appreciated over price. Who knows what the deal entails, but for an airline that in-sources everything from the stitching on their seats to overhauls on the landing gears, costs must have been second in consideration. ExpressJet as a top quality feeder who is down on their luck must be thrilled at the opportunity.

If only my airline could diversify. I'd feel a lot better about my future. Good luck ExpressJet!!

Thanks for the comments, it sucks to see anyone lose flying. I spent 16 years at DL and now am at Express Jet and have to say this is a well run regional. We have lost flying to a lot of folks in the past because we just weren't going to lower the bar. So this is good. I like the diversification with the corporate charter flying, regional feed, and the on our own flying. We have gauranteed revenue with CAL and now DAL and will see how the other 2 play out. Time will tell. Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back