Expressjet bumping ASA out of LAX with 10 ERJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

A good friend of mine heard this from a higher up in Flight ops today. Where will the ASA RJs go next? Why would ASA lose the service?

Because ASA is trying to staff the the base from ATL. Getting AC in and out for MX as well as crews hasn't been very feasible. All the planes will come back to ATL until the next base opens and closes.

I'm glad XJT got it and not Mesa or Shaniqua.

My hats off to Express Jet. Their management took a difficult situation and seems to be coming out ahead. I don't know if the whole charter/point to point side show will work, but at least they aren't running around like a bunch of Chicken Littles. On top of it all, the pilots still have one of the best contracts out there. Too bad we don't have that kind of innovation and leadership in Atlanta. Enjoy your days off in SoCal.

I'm not sure yet whether we're coming out "ahead" in this whole maelstrom... but at least the mgmt is doing something. Crossing fingers.

Heard Express Jet also tried to poach some flying from Eagle for "at cost". AA declined. I guess they will do what it takes to get their foot in the door.

Latest resources

Back