• Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Theo,

Since you obviously have a degree in aviation business management, why are you still at a regional with 6700 hrs. Why dont you call up XJT, or any other regional that seems to need you endless amount of knowledge, and help them with their development. Can you solve global warming, the war in Iraq, bring down the price of oil, and stop the demise of the auto industry in this world as well. I bet you have solved all of these problems at 37,000ft. Problem is, the only audience you have at that altitude is the poor sap that is stuck next to you. Get your message out man! Call that not-tallent-a$$-clown they call an executive at XJT with his useless MBA, A & P certificate, and years of military service, I bet he would love to hear all of your wise teaching. After all you took a aviation business managment class in college. Come on, go help them before they ruin the lives of thousands....I bet you'll just stay at that regional with 6700 hrs though, why....Quality of life right.

Dollar beers - keep the whole 12oz.

Every flight is catered with food...really good food...included in the ticket price.

Advantage Horizon is not so clear cut.

Um...dollar beers....free beers....dollar beers....FREE BEERS. Altho what up with the sno cap? Must have found a couple of cases hiding in the back of JP's car. I'm biased, so I'm leaning towards Horizon cuz of FREE BEERS!!! What kinda food you got? I'll trade a Sno Plow, or a Broken Halo 22 oz for your peanut butter and jelly....PSYCH!!!

Theo,

Since you obviously have a degree in aviation business management, why are you still at a regional with 6700 hrs. Why dont you call up XJT, or any other regional that seems to need you endless amount of knowledge, and help them with their development. Can you solve global warming, the war in Iraq, bring down the price of oil, and stop the demise of the auto industry in this world as well. I bet you have solved all of these problems at 37,000ft. Problem is, the only audience you have at that altitude is the poor sap that is stuck next to you. Get your message out man! Call that not-tallent-a$$-clown they call an executive at XJT with his useless MBA, A & P certificate, and years of military service, I bet he would love to hear all of your wise teaching. After all you took a aviation business managment class in college. Come on, go help them before they ruin the lives of thousands....I bet you'll just stay at that regional with 6700 hrs though, why....Quality of life right.

Boy people sure get touchy if you don't blindly agree with them. Too bad for them. You should be thanking me sincerly for putting up the opposite opinion from your blind faith in a flawed plan. If nothing else, it gives you comic relief, or maybe makes you think and question what is happening at your airline. If you do those things you will be much better prepared to react to the changes your airline will face over the next 12 to 18 months. Maybe less. Good luck to all the kool aid drinkers, your going to need it.

Kool aid drinker, F@ck I snort it before it is even mixed. H2O is for pu$$y's. I really want to know though, why are you still at a regional with 6700 hrs? Is it QL or that you have not upgrade and gotten PIC, or is it that your "dream job" is not hiring? Humor me.

Boy people sure get touchy if you don't blindly agree with them. Too bad for them. You should be thanking me sincerly for putting up the opposite opinion from your blind faith in a flawed plan. If nothing else, it gives you comic relief, or maybe makes you think and question what is happening at your airline. If you do those things you will be much better prepared to react to the changes your airline will face over the next 12 to 18 months. Maybe less. Good luck to all the kool aid drinkers, your going to need it.

Theo, if you think that none of us has thought about the posibility of our airline being in big trouble, then you really do think you are a superior being. You're just another regional pilot Expert that wants to see us fail so you can say, I told you so. Well maybe we'll fail or maybe not. However, we don't need your advice, thank you. I'm sure your pilot group or managment can use your expert advice, why don't you give it to them.

Seriously, this is a ridiculous thread. Nobody knows what is going to happen with the XJT branded flying and only time will tell. Yes, time will tell not a pilot with far too much time on his hands trying to show off his multiplication skills. As far as "kool aid drinkers" I believe that's called a high employee morale. I can see how you may not recognize it, as it is very rare in this industry. However, anyone with any amount of intelligence will tell you it is priceless in a customer service industry.

Seriously, this is a ridiculous thread. Nobody knows what is going to happen with the XJT branded flying and only time will tell. Yes, time will tell not a pilot with far too much time on his hands trying to show off his multiplication skills. As far as "kool aid drinkers" I believe that's called a high employee morale. I can see how you may not recognize it, as it is very rare in this industry. However, anyone with any amount of intelligence will tell you it is priceless in a customer service industry.

Bingo! This post says it all for me, thank you Sarag79.

When discussing the XJT branded flying vs. the success of XJT as a whole a few things are being overlooked.

First, this branded flying is NOT a new idea. Branded operations have been in the planning stages for a long time at XJT. Ever since CAL spun COEX off, XJT management have been looking at market trends, and potential city pairs for a branded point to point airline. I would almost guess that the CAL announcement that they were going to reduce XJT's flying was seen as a blessing more than a curse. CAL gave XJT the BEST aircraft in the fleet 44 of the newest XR's and 25 of the newest LR's. For an airline that is commited to making a branded operation work with 50 seat aircraft this was a big win. XJT has said all along (publicly at least) that they are going to use the 50 seat platform for what it was initally intended to do, serve small to medium city pairs with non-stop flights. The whole airline was built around the 50 seat jet, not around a plan of bringing on bigger equipment as fast as they can. This means that for them to sell this idea to the BOD, and for the BOD to sign off on the plan there must have been some pretty hard numbers that this thing was going to work.

Second, XJT has bid on flying for the Legacy carriers as well as Frontier, and Midwest. In the end they didn't get the flying, not because XJT costs are too high to be competitive, it's because XJT will not do the flying for a low return just to grow like CHQ, Mesa, or SkyWest. Yes, XJT did secure flying in a very limited basis for DAL out of LAX. Givin the size of the operation it seems to be more of an experiment than anything else, but it's only tying up 10 aircraft for something like 2 years (at a profit of course) so there is not much risk there.

Third, ANYONE flying for a regional airline should be praying that ExpressJet Airlines both the CAL side and the branded flying side are a success. When the pilot groups at the carriers with the best contracts win, it gives all of the regional pilot groups leverage to better their respective contracts.

Theo, if you think that none of us has thought about the posibility of our airline being in big trouble, then you really do think you are a superior being. You're just another regional pilot Expert that wants to see us fail so you can say, I told you so. Well maybe we'll fail or maybe not. However, we don't need your advice, thank you. I'm sure your pilot group or managment can use your expert advice, why don't you give it to them.

Well I don't know you so all I have to go on is what you post to get a feel for what you think. Your posts indicate you want to bury your head in the sand and not hear anything that contradicts your hope that all will work out well for Xjet. If you are'nt interested in other views, than stay off the internet. You will probably be happier.

Latest resources

Back