• Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would love to get into this debate about what passengers want from airlines, but have a quick question for you xjetters.

What is the jumpseating policy on the branded flying and who do we call to list?

Thanks in advance. I love the new routes, I would have never imagined direct service from mci to tus. anything to avoid going through dfw.

I would love to get into this debate about what passengers want from airlines, but have a quick question for you xjetters.

What is the jumpseating policy on the branded flying and who do we call to list?

Thanks in advance. I love the new routes, I would have never imagined direct service from mci to tus. anything to avoid going through dfw.

Forgive me if this isn't a complete answer, as everything is new with this and we employees don't have all the information yet...but I believe you can list at the gate as we are CASS. It should be little hassle at all. Welcome aboard. There may be a number to call but I don't have it. Take care.

Tim

Part of me is just flabergasted that the bosses running XJT actually think this will work.

yeah what do they know, I think that they just started working in the industry a couple months ago....I'm sure someone as smart and experienced as you would do a much better job.................TOOL

The next time you sit on a ERJ see how far you can strech your feet out under the seat. Then look at how close your knees are to the seat infront of you. Then notice how thick the seatback and a$$ padding is. Then take a look at how wide the seat is, arm rest to arm rest. After you put your micrometer and ruler away do it again on a 737, especially a CAL 737. I bet you will be surprised. Just flew to PHX on XJET, and then back on CAL. I had more leg room and padding on XJET then CAL.

Smaller head room on a ERJ when standing is obvious. However, when was the last time you had to stand holding a pole on an airplane. All a matter of preception.

You mean the XJT pilots are funding the project. I'm sure Kellner is still overpaid.
Regarding price and times, I see XJT offering a $183 non-stop RT ONT-AUS April 23, 23. Outbound is 0700-1200, return 0800-0918. Pretty darn good times for a business traveler.

Just on the surface if you are right than they have a very big problem. It is around 1190 miles ONT-AUS if you are getting $180 roundtrip thats $90 each way...subtract taxes and you have about $81 left to cover your costs and make a profit. If you were 100% full you would pull in $4500 divide that by 1190miles and 50 seats and you get a RASM of $.756 if your costs exceed
.756 per mile than you are losing money. If I recall ExJet was in the .12 or .13 asm cost. But lets give you the benefit of the doubt and say you can get your costs down to $.10 per mile so each flight is producing a loss of $1465 per FLIGHT. So now you fly the airplane two round trips per day in the market and you lose $5860 per day on this one market with a 100% load factor. With two round trips that is almost one whole aircraft ...although with point to point scheduling you may get in another leg at 100% load factor you add another $1465 loss to make one aircraft for one day lose $7325 multiply that by 30 days and one aircraft has now lost $219,750 multiply that by 44 aircraft and your monthly loss is $9.7 million per month multiply that by 12 months and this little experiment has now lost over $116 million per year. Not to mention that you took 67 aircraft that were making a profit of 0ne million per year? (Thats a guess, but if I recall you made about $265 million last year and had about that number of aircraft.) So now you lose that $67 million add in the $116 million from this new operation and your new profit is a net profit next year of $82 million. Bad but not death yet, right? Well remember this is at 100% load factor. If you take that down to 75% load factor your loss goes up to $200 million on the branded operation and a loss of the $67 million in profit that you made. Now the situation is a loss for ExpressJet of 2 million annually. If none of your other costs increase and you keep making the same level of profit on your other COEX flying.

My belief is it will force Express Jet into bankruptcy, where they can dump the unwanted aircraft back to CO.This is why you are in for a rough time with this airline. You will lose so much money that the entire company will quickly be in jeopardy. When that happens you wont be able to escape fast enough.
I hope I am wrong, but you need to keep your options open and when the signs get more obvious. And they will, don't be the last one out the door.

Just on the surface if you are right than they have a very big problem. It is around 1190 miles ONT-AUS if you are getting $180 roundtrip thats $90 each way...subtract taxes and you have about $81 left to cover your costs and make a profit. If you were 100% full you would pull in $4500 divide that by 1190miles and 50 seats and you get a RASM of $.756 if your costs exceed
.756 per mile than you are losing money. If I recall ExJet was in the .12 or .13 asm cost. But lets give you the benefit of the doubt and say you can get your costs down to $.10 per mile so each flight is producing a loss of $1465 per FLIGHT. So now you fly the airplane two round trips per day in the market and you lose $5860 per day on this one market with a 100% load factor. With two round trips that is almost one whole aircraft ...although with point to point scheduling you may get in another leg at 100% load factor you add another $1465 loss to make one aircraft for one day lose $7325 multiply that by 30 days and one aircraft has now lost $219,750 multiply that by 44 aircraft and your monthly loss is $9.7 million per month multiply that by 12 months and this little experiment has now lost over $116 million per year. Not to mention that you took 67 aircraft that were making a profit of 0ne million per year? (Thats a guess, but if I recall you made about $265 million last year and had about that number of aircraft.) So now you lose that $67 million add in the $116 million from this new operation and your new profit is a net profit next year of $82 million. Bad but not death yet, right? Well remember this is at 100% load factor. If you take that down to 75% load factor your loss goes up to $200 million on the branded operation and a loss of the $67 million in profit that you made. Now the situation is a loss for ExpressJet of 2 million annually. If none of your other costs increase and you keep making the same level of profit on your other COEX flying.

My belief is it will force Express Jet into bankruptcy, where they can dump the unwanted aircraft back to CO.This is why you are in for a rough time with this airline. You will lose so much money that the entire company will quickly be in jeopardy. When that happens you wont be able to escape fast enough.
I hope I am wrong, but you need to keep your options open and when the signs get more obvious. And they will, don't be the last one out the door.

Thats pretty doom and gloom. I hope they make it, as well as make money with the branded flying. It would be nice to see a company with a good contract prosper and take care of there employees (pilots) at the same time.

I'm sure you know that marketing adjusts the price of a seat based on number of seats sold, time until flight, and a ton of other factors, $180 is not what everyone pays for a ticket. Being the Boyde of flightinfo, I'm sure you know that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back