• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet (ASA) MGMT managing by intimidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't really get it. Are you suggesting we slow down due to their becoming strict at enforcing the rules in our books?

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but isn't it alpa's job to address items the company is out of line on by representing us and persuading them to put in an mou on the problems?

It simply does not sound intelligent to me for us to collectively slow down in a time when our company's stock is at $6.36 and falling and we are losing money.

I agree. Not knowing the entirety of the story I can see your point. Post flight walk arounds have been an issue for quite some time, as have been the alternate deadheads. How many memos have we recieved about this?????? Several- and because of it, I knew it would only be a matter of time before the company finally stopped asking nicely (which obviously wasn't having an effect) and started disciplining people. "Please" and "pretty please" only go so far, before you have to start cracking heads for people to know you're serious. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong here- just stay out of the CPO and do your job. It's worked quite well for me.........

If he didn't do a postflight I agree. But the story we have all heard is that he DID THE POSTFLIGHT. he just didnt see the bird strike because of the jetbridge awning.

Are you saying you'd be fine with a suspension and a letter in YOUR file because your FO made an honest mistake that quite likely ANYONE would have made?

We are NOT talking about leaving #2 running after the shutdown check here, we are talking about an honest mistake.

Did the First Officer use a flashlight, or did he just run around the thing in the dark????? Did the Captain go in and own up to it, or did he play the blame game and try and shuffle it off as someone else's fault????? I'm not saying I disagree with your point, but I'm just reiterating what you said.............that it's what you HEARD. We all know that the said truth and the illustrated truth often vary in facts and circumstance. Frankly, I just think there is more to the story.

Slowing the operation down at this point makes no sense to me. Why are you going to thumb your finger at the system when it is most crucial to keep things going as smoothly as possible. If ever there was a time for everyone to pull in one direction, this is it. Raising havoc and intentionally botching things up over heresay just seems ludicrus to me.

Agreed.

I have certainly seen things happen here that deserved an mou or a chief pilot being canned (kick it back to "pull up your big girl panties and fly the flight fatigued" days), but considering this is a major issue here anyway, I don't see reason to pretend that the "whole" story is now on FI.com.

I think ALPA should have argued that our company supplied flashlights are inadequate to do a proper post flight inspection. We should all be supplied with CR123's in my opinion.

What the hell is going on here?

1. Pilots suspended for not seeing a birdstrike on postflight.....The FO for not seeing it.....Captain for NOT PROPERLY SUPERVISING FO DURING PERFORMANCE OF HIS DUTIES

2. Pilots suspended for excessive occurrences (evidently 6 in a year is the magic number)

3. Alt DH issues continue.

4. Scheduling shenanigans

5. Intimidating a Captain who flew 4o miles to land at a longer runway after a flaps fail, simply because of the money it cost.

These are only the ones I know about, but I guarantee there are more.

Thoughts? What possible end result do they think this will accomplish? Are they trying to reduce our workforce by making this place a nightmare?

I thought this crap only happened during stalled negotiations

If number 5 is true, it better be ASAPed. I'd love to see the FAA rep B.S.'s reaction to that

Not advocating a slowdown. Just saying the company refuses to accept that scheduling is incompetent, maintenance has problems, and dispatchers and sector managers are pushing pilots because they only see the numbers. ASAP every conflict with the OCC. It's the best way to get the appropriate attention.

There is now way the company will terminate anyone for sick calls.(PERIOD)
Grow up and act like humans, expect to be treated like humans and don't take corp crap from anyone. Thats why you have a UNION!!!!!

There is now way the company will terminate anyone for sick calls.(PERIOD)
Grow up and act like humans, expect to be treated like humans and don't take corp crap from anyone. Thats why you have a UNION!!!!!

Of course not, they'll just terminate you for the first offense (non-sick call related) after your 8th sick call. They're not stupid.

I can think of only one person that has been fired from here over the past year, and he was warned time, after time, after time, after time, after time, to quite harassing FFDO's. It's not like this sort of thing happens on a regular basis. We're making a mountain out of a mole hill here..........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back