Expressjet and Women Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tooslow

Why is Express letting female applicants, skip the phone interview, get an interview, and shoed in with only cessna time while more qualified applicants (by thousands of hours) get called for a phone interview and are told "You need 121, 135 or types, you do not meet current qualifications"..............what the hell!!!!!!

I think I am going to see how much for sex change, maybe I can get on a major!

Eh? We had two women in my newhire class, and they were both Instructors with more total time than I had.

And they've got more in the April 25th class...

They had a booth up at the Women In Aviation job fair. That's giving them a foot-in-the-door with the HR lady there.

Probibally trying to catch up on some lagging EOE numbers... or *gasp* they're qualified? Think about how much time you want to sit in the right seat before you frett about not getting in over there. Not going anywhere for a while? Get a job with ExJet.

Shy

What's the big deal? I thought their minimums were 600 total time.

It's in this airline's best interest to hire the low time pilot, not the pilot with 3000 hours. Think about it. If you were airline management, and were into cost and labor containment, would you hire the guy with thousands of hours, whose been around the block a few times (and it familiar with labor negotiations), and who might get antsy at waiting for a 5 year upgrade and bail, or a low time pilot who is clueless about the industry who will likely quietly wait around for five years for an upgrade because they don't know any better?

They don't care about experience levels. The more experienced pilots are actually a hinderance to what regional airline management wants.

Besides, a red flag would go off in my mind if a 3000 hour pilot applied to ExpressJet. I would wonder what is holding them back than doing better than a regional airline. I probably wouldn't interview them either.

English said:
What's the big deal? I thought their minimums were 600 total time.

It's in this airline's best interest to hire the low time pilot, not the pilot with 3000 hours. Think about it. If you were airline management, and were into cost and labor containment, would you hire the guy with thousands of hours, whose been around the block a few times (and it familiar with labor negotiations), and who might get antsy at waiting for a 5 year upgrade and bail, or a low time pilot who is clueless about the industry who will likely quietly wait around for five years for an upgrade because they don't know any better?

They don't care about experience levels. The more experienced pilots are actually a hinderance to what regional airline management wants.

Besides, a red flag would go off in my mind if a 3000 hour pilot applied to ExpressJet. I would wonder what is holding them back than doing better than a regional airline. I probably wouldn't interview them either.
True.

It's All Beacause What they Have between their Legs is Certainly way more Interesting than What we have between ours.....................Nuff Said

DEAL With It!!!!

women in Aviation conference, I think I'm gonna Hurle man. Thats almost as big a joke as the tuskegee airman association. I can just hear both groups screaming bloody murder if we were to organize a "White Men in Aviation" conference. How about the most qualified get the job and not these free hand outs to women and blacks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back