• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet and Women Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This whole thread is hilarious...........in a sad sort of way!!!!! Female pilots are SOOO not a rarity anymore in this industry! They're all over the place!!!! White males still dominate, but there's hardly any sort of preferential hiring taking place anywhere!!! Sorry guys.........it's all up for grabs!

Eng&Megadeth.......rock on!

I don't give two-tenths of a flying rat's a$$ if women want to fly. I don't care if an elephant nosed pygmy midget from Cambodia wants to fly. If you're qualified, and you're good at what you do, then I look forward to flying with you. However, when someone gets a job, with less qualifications than another, due to race, sex, whatever.......that is just wrong, plain and simple. Nobody, black, white, male, female, anything, should EVER get a job based on anything but their qualifications. Either way, if this is found to be happening, whoever is responsible should bear the full brunt of the consequences.

I think we should examine the possibility that the posts made on 4/1 were a joke.... April Fools, etc....?

WayBack said:
welcome to the industry brother. the sign says "No line Cutting" but if you're female, black or hispanic....please come right on in ahead of everyone else.

Woe is me....wah wah wah

I am just going to cry and beat a dead horse forever so I can feel better baout myself because I didn't get the job that 95%of white males have.

capt. megadeth said:
Woe is me....wah wah wah

I am just going to cry and beat a dead horse forever so I can feel better baout myself because I didn't get the job that 95%of white males have.

It's about time someone pointed out the obvious.

I heard was talking to a guy the other day who happened to interview in the same group as another friend of mine (a female) did at SWA. He had 2500TT/2000 PIC in a turbo-prop, no college degree. She had around 7000TT/5000PIC in a jet and a master's degree. She was hired, he was not. According to him and all his buddies, she got the job due to her gender. WTF?

For every story of someone getting a job they were not qualified for based upon their gender/race, I can name at least 5 caucasian males who got a job they were not qualified for based upon the good ol' boy system. It all comes out in the wash.

All I know is that my quality of life improved dramatically the day I stopped whining about how unfair the boy's club was and started focusing on my own qualifications instead. In case anyone's mother neglected to tell them: life isn't fair. The day I accepted that and moved on was a good day indeed.

Women in Aviation doesn't exclude anyone. Niether does OBAP.

Neal,

I met the woman you were talking about(Ex-Navy, now Ex-Eagle) at the WIA conference in DAL. Very good candidate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back