Expressjet and Women Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tooslow said:
Why is Express letting female applicants, skip the phone interview, get an interview, and shoed in with only cessna time while more qualified applicants (by thousands of hours) get called for a phone interview and are told "You need 121, 135 or types, you do not meet current qualifications"..............what the hell!!!!!!QUOTE]

When I was working at my last freight job, we knew the company was being sold to another company which we did not want to work for. A bunch of us applied to Comair and only one was called... the only female. Definitely a sharp pilot but she had the 2nd lowest time out of all of us and no degree. The worst part was that they hired her PENDING her reaching 200 hours multi. That's right. And when she got her 200 they slid her right into the next class. The rest of us, all good pilots, hard workers, good attitudes, most with 500+ hours multi at the time and most with degrees never got a call. This is just the way some companies operate.

IHF

The female or Lady likeness of our pilot group is growing at CMR....Our FO's are much hotter than the FA's plus, the chicks keep the maintenance department current. Mostly on new seat replacements......funny thing happens when you get like a Pack High Press message and then a urine smell dominates......must be a chick thing.........I know I know, that is a high stress situation...same as a crosswind landing....the best is the scream and then the mild whimper when you get the st elmos fire...... Flame away.........

I do like the Shemale pilots better than the frailmale Flight Attachments....

hehehehe.....hahahaha.....hohohoho.......

Waco

At my previous commuter, I remember one class had 3 females and some of the pilots were screaming bloody murder.
Our VP said he was getting tired of the egos.....something to think about.

Wacopilot said:
The female or Lady likeness of our pilot group is growing at CMR....Our FO's are much hotter than the FA's plus, the chicks keep the maintenance department current. Mostly on new seat replacements......funny thing happens when you get like a Pack High Press message and then a urine smell dominates......must be a chick thing.........I know I know, that is a high stress situation...same as a crosswind landing....the best is the scream and then the mild whimper when you get the st elmos fire...... Flame away.........

I do like the Shemale pilots better than the frailmale Flight Attachments....

hehehehe.....hahahaha.....hohohoho.......

Waco

Well it all has to do with who is behind the scense

As my Riddle Diddle friends were going off to ACA, I was told by a few of them that the recruiter, at the time, (a female with fake tits and was a hot piece of ass) wanted to hire only attractive guys.

Also its plain to see that majority of pilots are the most judgemental a$$holes around. How can you expect 1 to be fair to another.

Commuting up to IND to start Indoc for the 170, met 2 Mesa pilots and being the excited newbie that I was, I asked who they worked for if they liked it..blah blah blah for about 5 mins, conversation was going great until they asked me who I worked for..then their whole attitude changed..

Same thing while in Systems class in St. Louis.....On the hotel shuttle bus going to Flight Safety, ran into 3 new hires Trans Sate FOs We were both congratulating one another for getting hired and was all smiles till 1 asked me who I worked for. Again, whole attitude changed....

Sad

RedDogC130 said:
English....It would bring up a red flag if a person with 300+ hours applied because you would wonder why they are looking at a regional as opposed to something bigger.....Have you seen the industry lately? Come on! You have more than 3000 hours where are you? A regional perhaps?

uh...NO.

Flew with a furloughed UAL pilot the other day.

ZERO PIC TURBINE TIME! Is this individual qualified to have gone to a major?

BTW, he is a dude.

Look, life is not fair, you have women who get special deals, but you have "buds" that get special deals as well. You guys want to try and make this world perfect and 100% fair, good luck. I do not think it will happen anytime soon so focus on yourself and just try to do the best you can.

laters

English said:
What's the big deal? I thought their minimums were 600 total time.

It's in this airline's best interest to hire the low time pilot, not the pilot with 3000 hours. Think about it. If you were airline management, and were into cost and labor containment, would you hire the guy with thousands of hours, whose been around the block a few times (and it familiar with labor negotiations), and who might get antsy at waiting for a 5 year upgrade and bail, or a low time pilot who is clueless about the industry who will likely quietly wait around for five years for an upgrade because they don't know any better?

They don't care about experience levels. The more experienced pilots are actually a hinderance to what regional airline management wants.

Besides, a red flag would go off in my mind if a 3000 hour pilot applied to ExpressJet. I would wonder what is holding them back than doing better than a regional airline. I probably wouldn't interview them either.

So English, management only wants inexperienced pilots at the regionals so they don't make trouble? It seems to me that your logic would carry over to the majors too. Wouldn't they want the cheepest labour and the pilots that are least likely to be involved in the union?

This is the strangest excuse I have ever heard for airline management to hire less qualified minorities ahead of more qualified white guys.

Also, I met many other experienced pilots at the regional airline when I worked there. Like me, they were furloughed from a larger airline and needed a job. The regionals were the only airlines still hiring at the time. Thankfully, they appreciated our experience and hired us.

sleepy said:
So English, management only wants inexperienced pilots at the regionals so they don't make trouble? It seems to me that your logic would carry over to the majors too. Wouldn't they want the cheepest labour and the pilots that are least likely to be involved in the union?

Yes, I believe that. When was the last time you had an interview and were asked if you'd like to be involved in the union once hired? And yes, I believe ALL airlines want the cheapest labor possible. Look at almost every airline out there right now, grovelling to get the lowest payscales possible in place.

sleepy said:
This is the strangest excuse I have ever heard for airline management to hire less qualified minorities ahead of more qualified white guys.

It wasn't an excuse for why an airline is hiring gals over guys. The original poster ASSUMED the reason a low time pilot was hired over a high time one was because the pilot was a gal. I'm just pointing out that there are other reasons why an airline would want to hire lowtimers - male or female.

sleepy said:
Also, I met many other experienced pilots at the regional airline when I worked there. Like me, they were furloughed from a larger airline and needed a job. The regionals were the only airlines still hiring at the time. Thankfully, they appreciated our experience and hired us.

I agree. Furloughed major airlines are a great resource of pilots for regional airlines. Twice the pilot at half the cost.

This happened Jan. 2004 at KSYR:

http://www.news10now.com/shared/video/buildasx.asp?vids=1923&mswmext=.asx

Watch this video, and listen to the media...

"The pilot said that she couldn't see where she was going, and drove the plane off the taxiway."

This this news release and the news video had MANY disparaging comments regarding woman pilots at Expressjet at quite a few forums such as flyertalk (basically, forums where pax. go and b*tch about their travels).

I wacthed the video...where are the disparing remarks about female pilots? I didn't hear any.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back