Express Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flydaplane

So how is the new airline working out? I was in ABQ today and the flight to Austin had 5-6 people board. That can't be good! Are these normal loads?

So how is the new airline working out? I was in ABQ today and the flight to Austin had 5-6 people board. That can't be good! Are these normal loads?

From what I hear they are doing surprisingly good, which I am glad to hear. Commuting on XJET the other day the captain told me they were averaging 35 peeps or so a flight. Not bad at all for a startup operation...

i can never get a seat on them outta IAH

*edit*

nevermind youre prob talking about branded flying

Many of our pax who would have flown on us via LAX are now going direct on ExpressJet. The "direct" flying in SoCal is a HUGE incentive for passengers (and I hear they have cushy seats, too. That helps). They seem to be pretty full most flights, but as far as I can tell it's hit & miss depending on times/destinations. Nice seats, service & frequent flyer programs are what gets the seats filled. They seem to have that going for them.

ExpressJet doesn't seem to be competing with other regionals so much as it looks like they are taking on a mix of established regionals AND the likes of SWA. Interesting operation you all have goin' on over there! :)

-FW

For all the naysayers out there, I encourage you to grab a jumpseat with us and see first hand what we are doing. There is so much (free) food being served that if you get off hungry it is because you didn't eat. The menus are pretty diverse and I loved everything I had...although there never seemed to be any meatball subs left.

I just finished a four day with 13 legs and we had impressive loads, save one leg. The comments from the passengers while de-planing were very positive. If this thing doesn't take off it will not be because we cut any corners.

Oddly enough, I never heard one "this is such a small plane" comment. I say it is odd because on the CoEx side I heard it multiple times a day. Maybe it's because they actually knew they were buying a ticket on a 50 seater? Whatever the reason, it was refreshing.

The menus are pretty diverse and I loved everything I had...although there never seemed to be any meatball subs left.

MMMMM....a meatball sub sounds good, but I'd be worried about wearing it on my white shirt. A "meatball back-up shirt" would be a must for every trip.

Dang, now if I could get them to give me a call, that'd be good. Probably wouldn't hurt to update--I have 50 more multi hours and 100 more total than when I updated last.

-Goose

Thanks Expressjet

Living in socal, I could care less how the rest of the country travels. I am not interested in planning a trip somewhere, only to find out I have to stop in multiple cities to get there. I would vote for Jal or Air India, if they could fly me there point to point. Again, thanks expressjet for the great service. Hub and spoke is crap.

Jumpseating/Non-Rev?

Anyone know if there is a phone number a pilot from another carrier can call to list for jumpseat or non-rev on Expressjet? Or perhaps to check loads if possible?

Latest resources

Back