Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UEJ500 said:
AdamCooper,

Thanks for the AVATAR, I now cannot let my kids sit next to me while on here. And I thought the avatar police were cleaning things up.

They've probably already learned at school that kissing teenage girls are cool.

Who knew I was capable of poetry before 7am?

I read the Xjet MEC update on 3/14. It sounds pretty optimistic to me. Hopefully there's a home for those a/c.

Some of the best advice I was given was to listen to half of what the union says and half of what Mgmt says, put the two together and you will get close to the real story.

I hope they don't take those planes away from XJET, I have several friends that work there and I don't wish a furlough on anyone. I'm victim of a similar tatic mgmt. played on my pilot group(XJ=mesaba). They didn't even get to the treat part like you guys have gotten...they just started parking airplanes out of the blue. Every Friday from like September-November we would get a memo from the CEO saying, "blah, blah, blah, blah, and oh by the way, we are parking all the Avros, no more CRJs, Bye Bye Saabs, ect." So I went from a new hire at a growing airline with everyone excited, to being furloughed at an airline thats now fighting for its very existance. I wish you guys at XJet luck and hope things work out for you guys and no furloughs and no concessions.

suupah said:
you mean continental is looking for another home for their 69 planes?

Both are correct.

The Capacity Purchase Agreement give XJT first option on the airframes so XJT is actively looking for other opportunities to fly the planes.

At the same time, CAL would be prudent to find another potential operator for them if XJT is not able to make something happen.

69 just happened to be the most they could take right now, as it represents 25% of our fleet (or at least it will by 2007).

you mean continental is looking for a home for their 69 airplanes?

XJT has first dibs on the airplanes. We just can't fly them through CAL's hubs. I don't know how many jobs will be saved, but I doubt if CAL or their bottom-feeding scumbag regional of choice will ever see those planes again. Recent correspondence from both the union and management indicate that something is in the works, we just don't know what it is yet. Hopefully it still involves our pilots.

wheelsup said:
I read the Xjet MEC update on 3/14. It sounds pretty optimistic to me. Hopefully there's a home for those a/c.

If Xjet management does find a home for those planes, it may be good fot XJet management's pockets only. The pilots may not necessarily go with them.

dojetdriver said:
If Xjet management does find a home for those planes, it may be good fot XJet management's pockets only. The pilots may not necessarily go with them.

XJT management has every intention of keeping the pilots with the planes and protecting its employees jobs. While that isn't always possible, I know for a fact that it is an over-arching goal for them in this process.

-Neal

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back