Express Jet furlough question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AdamKooper said:
It won't happen. This is just a tactic by CAL that will scare the XJTers into taking a pay-cut. Which they will take of course, much like comair they have big words but nothing to back it up.

This is not the case at all. It is not a "scare tactic" in the least. It is a very real situation and CAL has already been talking to potential bidders. XJT management is working 24/7 to find another home for those 69 airplanes.

-Neal

dojetdriver said:
As far as how "far back", late spring to early summer 2005 at current levels.
this airline hired that many pilots in 9 months? amazing.

FN FAL said:
this airline hired that many pilots in 9 months? amazing.

Yep. We were (and still are) growing like wild fire. CAL keeps throwing more block hours at us than we know what to do with.

ERfly said:
Yep. We were (and still are) growing like wild fire. CAL keeps throwing more block hours at us than we know what to do with.
So what's up with the hub-bub regarding furloughs? I'm not screwing with you, I just don't know much about XJT.

AdamKooper, I applaud your avatar. It showcases the timeless beauty of lipstick lesbians. Thank you.

aerobaticspilot said:
The company plans for 5 crews per an aircraft

While the numbers may work out to roughly 10 pilots per aircraft every now and then, they don't staff on a per airframe basis. Pilot staffing is driven by planned system block hours and block hours alone and then they factor in historical sick leave usage, vacation usage (which varies based on average longevity), historical military leave usage, medical leaves, jury duty, other leaves of absence, management pilots, etc...basically all known and unknown absences. There have been times where we were staffed both above and beyond 5 crews per aircraft. We could dump 5 aircraft tomorrow and still do the same amount of block hours with the same amount of crews. We could also add 5 aircraft tomorrow and the same would hold true.

-Neal

Windsor said:
i was just hired on tues. There was no mention of the 69 planes by anyone at expressjet during the interview process. My buddy that was hiried in dec. 04 said he was going to update his resume. Word round the campfire isnt good. I'm going to jump ship if I get another offer.

Most people i talk with are optimistic as well as I. This doesnt mean to stick head in sand and not keep up to date on current events. It is a real possibility that we could furlough. Will it happen we wont know for SURE for a couple of months but it COULD go either way. Good luck if you bail, but it would sure suck if something good comes out of this and you bailed on it before it happens. But you will never know if the decision you make today was the right one till the day you retire. Hope for the best. once again good luck

BluDevAv8r said:
XJT management is working 24/7 to find another home for those 69 airplanes.

-Neal

you mean continental is looking for another home for their 69 planes?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back