• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all of you ExpressJet hopefuls....From the director of flight ops voicemail on the 19th, we will be hiring 48 in June, at least 32 in July, and at least 32 in August. Still no official answer on the PIP's, but it appears they may be staffing for some more attrition.

box

I applied on Dec 6 and have faxed many updated resumes since. I got a call in mid december and was told to "expect a phone call in mid March for a phone interview." Well, I was never called. I faxed another resume last week and still nothing. On the aviationinterviews.com web site, I see this guy with 610 hours that got hired immediately. What's up with that? Do they just randomly pick a resume out of a huge stack?

You have 700 hours and you are whining that they wont call you for an interview, maybe i'm a bit old school, but 1,000 is still the mark for almost any regional, and 200 multi is competitive...unless you got a break with one of these schools that sends their kindergartners off to be airline pilots in a month...to each their own!!

P.S. you're in college, stay there as long as you can, i miss the hell out of college

No, I'm not whining... I was just asking how they draw their candidates. I got a call from Piedmont at 700 hours, I'm happy as can be.

boxjockey said:
For all of you ExpressJet hopefuls....From the director of flight ops voicemail on the 19th, we will be hiring 48 in June, at least 32 in July, and at least 32 in August. Still no official answer on the PIP's, but it appears they may be staffing for some more attrition.

box

Our Dir of Ops, in the voicemail, also said that many of the guys they've hired recently had internal recommendations and asked that if we knew someone who was qualified, to email him so he could look over their resumes.

If they're going to hire only about a hundred or so in the near future, they can obviously be much more selective as to who they pick and an internal recommendation goes a long way in getting an interview and job.

I got the rejection email last week. Anyone know if I should re-apply on the website, or just leave my application as is?

Latest resources

Back