Expired CFI certificates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Utah

Do any of the major airlines (CAL, UPS, Fed EX, JBLU, etc) put any weight into you CFI certificates when applying for a job. Are their points awarded in the application process for having say CFI, CFII, & MEI? I know at the regional level some of the carriers in the past cared, however mine expired 5 years ago.

I interviewed at one of the above, was called by one more that you list and ultimately started at one not on the list.

I never gave a second thought to the expired CFI certificate.

I'm thinking no one really cares.

When applying with an expired CFI, do you put that you have the cert. or not?:confused:

say again said:
When applying with an expired CFI, do you put that you have the cert. or not?:confused:
You still hold a certificate and all you need to do is go for one checkride to reactivate it. It's not like you have to start from scratch as though it didn't exist. So, yes, I'd put it on the resume.

WhiteCloud said:
You still hold a certificate and all you need to do is go for one checkride to reactivate it. It's not like you have to start from scratch as though it didn't exist. So, yes, I'd put it on the resume.

I agree, the FAA still states that you hold the certificate you just can't exercise the privileges of it.

Same for your medical...after 6 months your medical still states 1st class on the paper but you can only exercise 2nd class privileges...

yes

at my cactus interview they actually brought it up that they like to see "well rounded" pilots, and they liked the fact that I had a current CFI and still sort of tought (BFR's and IPC's for friends and family).

RS6 said:
I never gave a second thought to the expired CFI certificate.

I'm thinking no one really cares.
Exactly...this is America and who would care? Especially when some person can call any fast food restaraunt in the country and make the assistant manager grab a customer or employee and perform a 'cavity' search on them becase a "cop" was on the telephone ordering them to do it.

I think you're correct...nobody gives a second thought to anything anymore.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back