• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Expired CFI certificates

Utah

Total Time
Do any of the major airlines (CAL, UPS, Fed EX, JBLU, etc) put any weight into you CFI certificates when applying for a job. Are their points awarded in the application process for having say CFI, CFII, & MEI? I know at the regional level some of the carriers in the past cared, however mine expired 5 years ago.

RS6

Total Time
I interviewed at one of the above, was called by one more that you list and ultimately started at one not on the list.

I never gave a second thought to the expired CFI certificate.

I'm thinking no one really cares.

Chronic Jetlag

I'm great at sleep'n in
Total Time
SexyTm
PIC turbine is king. It's been my experience that an expired
CFI plays absolutely no factor.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
When applying with an expired CFI, do you put that you have the cert. or not?:confused:

WhiteCloud

Total Time
say again said:
When applying with an expired CFI, do you put that you have the cert. or not?:confused:
You still hold a certificate and all you need to do is go for one checkride to reactivate it. It's not like you have to start from scratch as though it didn't exist. So, yes, I'd put it on the resume.

geshields

Total Time
enough
WhiteCloud said:
You still hold a certificate and all you need to do is go for one checkride to reactivate it. It's not like you have to start from scratch as though it didn't exist. So, yes, I'd put it on the resume.

I agree, the FAA still states that you hold the certificate you just can't exercise the privileges of it.

Same for your medical...after 6 months your medical still states 1st class on the paper but you can only exercise 2nd class privileges...

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Thanx guys, I've been neglecting to add it to my resume. :beer:

FNB

Total Time
abunch
yes

at my cactus interview they actually brought it up that they like to see "well rounded" pilots, and they liked the fact that I had a current CFI and still sort of tought (BFR's and IPC's for friends and family).

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
RS6 said:
I never gave a second thought to the expired CFI certificate.

I'm thinking no one really cares.
Exactly...this is America and who would care? Especially when some person can call any fast food restaraunt in the country and make the assistant manager grab a customer or employee and perform a 'cavity' search on them becase a "cop" was on the telephone ordering them to do it.

I think you're correct...nobody gives a second thought to anything anymore.

Last edited: