• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expected MESA shutdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 4 years, all of the above mentioned mainline partners will completely forget about what happened, and award new aircraft and flying to Mesa, thus beginning the cycle anew.

That's hilarious!..and probably true!

Anyone got an estimated date of the demise of MESA? Currently JO seems to have more lives than OJ.
Yeah,
And OJ is now doing time in a Nevada prison that makes Brokeback Mountain look like Fantasy Island. I will bet he is dead in less than 2 years, shanked or azz punked, don't matter!
PBR

That means they have 3 wishes, they've already used some for aloha, de-listing and the bonds. Delta is to go.
Odd,
You championing the demise of the "worst" regional airline in history, while you work for the second"worst" airline in history. When they are gone, you will be at the "worst" airline. Poetic, a chit eater, at an airline run by a Hindu hater, eating the chit that he feeds the pathetic help. You suck worse than any Mesa guy just trying get ahead, you chose to put on your pink golf shoes and climb up the backs of the TSA guys.
PBR

Here's a better question....

What will actually happen if they DO go T-U?

I'm going to go WAAAYY OUT on a limb and suggest, given the current state of the economy, that there may just be PLENTY of capacity to cover any of the MESA flying that's worth flying...and the crappy flying for that matter!

What do you think???

I'm going to go WAAAYY OUT on a limb and suggest, given the current state of the economy, that there may just be PLENTY of capacity to cover any of the MESA flying that's worth flying...and the crappy flying for that matter!

What do you think???

At DAL, for sure. It will be a free capacity reduction.

At Airways, they might get hurt by losing all those 900's but I'm sure they could get someone else to take over fairly quickly, but maybe not with 900's right away. even in today's climate the 900 is a hot commodity.

UAL will probably re-assign all the 700 and turboprop flying, and possibly add turboprops. They still have 100 737's to replace...

At DAL, for sure. It will be a free capacity reduction.

At Airways, they might get hurt by losing all those 900's but I'm sure they could get someone else to take over fairly quickly, but maybe not with 900's right away. even in today's climate the 900 is a hot commodity.

UAL will probably re-assign all the 700 and turboprop flying, and possibly add turboprops. They still have 100 737's to replace...

Some one will get a great deal on all those CRJ-900s. Give it a month and someone will have them back in service.

Some one will get a great deal on all those CRJ-900s. Give it a month and someone will have them back in service.

I used to fly those things...It will take longer than a month to get them 121 kosher for someone else's certificate.

My ultra-reliable Skywest insider says the RFP is already signed for 50 a/c to take effect upon the demise of Mesa.

My semi-reliable Mesa insider is plotting to set fire to their hdqts. Something about a stapler.

My M&M Mars insider says that M&M's should melt in your mouth, not in your hand.

W

oh dam! that was funny! I asked for a mai tai and they gave me a peenyo co-la da.

Let's hope it works out for all. MESA bashing aside, there are livelihoods at stake.

I wish I could care. Ninety-nine percent of the Mesa retreads at Lynx were awful, and practically assisted management in recreating Mesa with Q400s.

The sooner they arel stacking snackcakes at 7-11, or watching daytime TV, the better.

Mesa is a nexus of the destruction of the piloting profession.

Latest resources

Back