Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheDogsBollocks

Ex-AMF Scallywag!
Wouldn't mind finding out the deal on hiring at Execjet( if any).

I've had an application on file with Execjet since 12-2001, got a reply saying that my appication has been received don't call us we'll call you. However I know a guy who flies for Execjet who recommended giving them a call, any opininons on this?

It also seems to me that the interview deck got reshuffled post 9/11 with the glut of furloughed airline pilots, any comments on that from anybody out there?

Thanks.

Hiring

Well it depends on who you talk to. According to the chief pilot we are 300 pilots fat right now but yet new hires are coming in at a trickles pace. I think they are ejm folks. As far as i know, the ladies that were in the recruitment office have been reassigned to other duties during the down time so I dont know who you could even call. The last I heard we are still taking 35ish airplanes this year. Hopefully the hiring gates will open again.

good luck

New hires

For the record:

Netjets is still bringing on folks who interviewed and were "hired", albeit at a slow pace. Amoung those were 6 EJM float pilots. I know for sure that 4 are working, I'm not sure about the other 2. As I understand it, the "recruitment" staff has been temporarilly reassigned to other duties.

When interviewing starts again, maybe mid-'04, former EJM pilots have been told, in writing, that they would receive "high consideration" in the interviewing and hiring process. NJA has not guaranteed anything to former EJM pilots though there is an ongoing conversation among the pilots and NJA and the repore has been very positive. NJA stated that it will still meet it's commitment to bring on those already interviewed and approved. I do not have that number.

There are approximately 40 terminated EJM pilots. That number could rise by 10-20 more by the time hiring starts again. Nearly everyone wants to go to NJ. Most NJ pilots have been very supportive of bringing us over.

For everyone else interested in NJ, former EJMers do not represent a large amount of the overall hiring. We represent 10-12 planes worth of crews or about 3 months of hiring. If you have already interviewed, you will not be bumped back.

Good luck

Thanks to InstructorPuke and MarqMarq for your prompt replies,

There is a clarification that I would liked answered if possible. Although my application has been received by ExecJet I have not been scheduled with an interview to date.

With that in mind would the current glut of furloughed airline pilots who have applied to ExecJet "shuffle" the interview deck in their favor instead of an applicant who has submitted his application prior to their misfortune?

Thanks.

NJ

TheDogsBollocks,

I don't know where airline causalties fall in the mix, I've heard the extremes of 'not hiring' and 'hiring too many'. As far as your application and EJM dudes, here in an exerpt of the official letter:

"When NetJets does begin to hire pilots again, we will consider the applications of the past EJM employee’s as high priority in the selection process for interviews. However, we will not guarantee that each pilot will be hired, as we will be evaluating these pilots as well as other applicants based upon their skills, experience and work history relative to the general specifications and requirements of the positions available at the time."

NJ has made NO commitments to us other than some preference in GETTING an interview. Since they have no interview staff at the moment, don't expect an interview until mid- 2004. I'd suggest you keep updating your application on line, if possible, and keep listening for the start of interviews.

marqmarq,

Thanks for the info, you mentioned about updating my application online-I didn't know that EJM processed app's online do you know their web address?

Thanks

addresses

I think you may be confused with the names of these companies. Execjet is the call sign for NetJets (formerly Executive Jet Aviation). Jetspeed is the call sign for Executive Jet Management. EJM is a sister company to NJA. There is a 3rd company/group, called NetJets International (formerly Executive Jet International). This is the Gulfstream group and they use thier QS tail numbers.

EJM is a management company and managed aircraft owned by NJA. Those aircraft were sold. 40+ EJM pilots positions were terminated. Those aircraft were used as a supplemental vendor to the NetJets fleet and operated as Part 135.

Since the EJM pilots flew primarily NJ's customers within the system (all terminated pilot had from 2-6 years service, enjoyed similar scheduled and pay rates) and EJM is advertised as a NetJet' Company, NJ's would like to bring on EJM pilots.

EJM continues to hire pilots for managed aircraft: EJM's website is ejmjets.com. I think NetJets is Netjets.com, though I'm not positive. Both have on-line applications. EACH company has their own application process.

Good info marqmarq

I wasnt aware of why ejm was letting folks go. So basically the aircraft they crewed were sold. I hate to hear that and I hope that it does work out for you guys at nja. Were you one of the unfortunate ones? Do you know how long they are making you guys wait for interviews? Hopefully not too long.
Its kinda funny about some of the rumors that are out there for nja. I was talking to on options/travel air guy in pvd the other day and he heard from a friend who knows the person in nja ops that knows this other person that says we are going to start furloughing before summers end. You know how it goes. Im sure its not true and I am very glad you guys have at least a descent prospect out there for the future.

NJA furlough..... ha

Absolute BS... everyone I know is plenty busy and especially in the Ultra......
As said before, we are still taking delivery of planes, although at a much slower rate.

Guys on the flex sched, ( it fills in the holes) are busyier than ever and a lot are not going to bid it any more due to not enough time off.

Captain, Ultra

I've been hearing about the furlough story for months now from people who have no idea what's going on. One of my old friends from Flexjet, who use to work in their office, calls me about 5 weeks ago and says; "There going to furlough 200-300 by end of the week!" Well, it hasn't happened yet.

With that being said, I also have friends that work in "The Palace" and there is no such thing as "We're 200 pilots fat" as our CP wants us to believe....just propaganda to make us feel fortunate we have jobs.....

My opinion: A furlough would not be good for the company for several reasons:
1.) Public perception and owner confidence
2.) Company knows that when this contract is done there is going to be a fairly large exodus of pilots - regardless of the outcome!

Latest resources

Back