Excuse Me...I Thought

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They stood up to SWAPA

SWAPA, the MEC rejected an agreement designed by SWA!! SWA mgmt has exercised the right to intervene in negotiations...if they have a bias towards protecting SWAPA pilot seniority, again that is their decision...

What? New Hampshire? Woo!

They stood up to SWAPA

SWAPA, the MEC rejected an agreement designed by SWA!! SWA mgmt has exercised the right to intervene in negotiations...if they have a bias towards protecting SWAPA pilot seniority, again that is their decision...

I agree. I've been saying for MONTHS that AAI ALPA hasn't been just negotiating with SWAPA, but

SWAPA
SW management
SW shareholders (the employees own alot of stock)

and to some extent their own pilots now with this latest upheavel.

Could not have said it any better.......right on, right on , right on the mark.......ALPA should be run out of business outlawed and shut down, I hope the Clampett's vote no and find themselves on the street in a matter of days.......greedy pricks

plesae vote no and see what the next offer is

I'm guessing you're not among the SW folks who promise that us "Clampetts" won't be second-class citizens when (and if) we arrive on the SWA MSL.

Your internet persona is as bad as they come...a true one-tenth of a one-percenter. I'm sure you're much nicer in real life, right?

Edit: I actually agree with most of your rants regarding ALPA...they truly suck donkey balls. You, however, extend your wrath toward the AAI pilot group as individuals. That's just mean and lacking any grace, whatsoever.

Last edited:
"You, however, extend your wrath toward the AAI pilot group as individuals."

This is FI...gloves off slamming is an accepted way of communicating...occasionally some decent info comes out...

It is quite simple: AAI pilots want seniority and the pay and benefits of the SWA CBA...SWA pilots do not want to give up their seniority...these mutually exclusive goals naturally create a lack of trust (at the least) between the parties...

SWA mgmt has decided to intervene in negotiations (which is their right) and has presented two proposals to date. The first proposal was accepted by the SWA NC and BOD (and the AAI MC) but the AAI MEC did not forward it the membership. The second proposal was again presented by SWA mgmt and is rumored to have removed the financial incentives of the first agreement with some marginal changes to the actual AIP1 SL. During the latest negotiations SWA Mgmt shared strategic objectives with the MC and NC. The AAI MEC decided to let the MC negotiate another agreement based on the most recent SWA SL proposal...

There is a chance that both parties may do what is unprecedented: agree to an MSL that is negotiated vs arbitrated. The choice will ultimately lie with the AAI/SWA pilots (not pilots from DAL or AL).

That is really all there is to it...the process is moving along and I suppose we will get the real deal next week if another AIP is reached...

Can't speak for the others, but I don't want to see SWA turn into another USAir debacle. So arguing about the integration is pointless. I feel like we gave it our best shot and now it's time to move on. Flyinvixen likes to talk about how ALPA pilots enjoy "burning their house down". Perhaps AirTran pilots don't fit that mold. Besides this isn't about the SWA pilots or even SWAPA. Its about Gary Kelly dictating how it's going to be. The bottom line is this deal should still be good for our guys close to retirement. It's going to be great for our guys with 20 plus years of career ahead of them. And even for the guys who will retire in the right seat, it will still have some merits. Thats my take on why the board is quiet. That and it was getting old.

" ...But, the AAI MEC did not forward it the membership."

BING-FARGING-GO.

THIS factor alone is ( AND always has been ) The Achilles Heel of most ALPA MEC's / NC's.

Simply put, it is a Human Factor totally related to the Type A / Ego Driven Personalities that make up any Pilot Group.

"WE KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU."

If and when, the members of any given MEC can come to the ironically EASY conclusion that it is best to let OTHER's decide their own fate ( if only to escape blame, for Christ's Sake. ) they will do THEMSELVES and ALL those they supposedly serve... a GREAT SERVICE.

Until then, we will watch the Frontier's and Airtran's as we have watched COUNTLESS previous similar cases in past airline history... IMPLODE.

Nothing changes.

Ever.

History is doomed to repeat itself.

Love,

Me

clampetts and trannies

Could not have said it any better.......right on, right on , right on the mark.......ALPA should be run out of business outlawed and shut down, I hope the Clampett's vote no and find themselves on the street in a matter of days.......greedy pricks

please vote no and see what the next offer is

I hope they do vote NO. Why would anyone want to work with a bunch of swapa pricks and get treated like you say clampetts. Take your LUV and shovel it!

"I hope they do vote NO. Why would anyone want to work with a bunch of swapa pricks and get treated like you say clampetts."

Easily said when your livelihood is not on the line....

Latest resources

Back