• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Excuse Me...I Thought

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reasonable answer Dicko. I wonder about your statement that you earned SLIGHTLY less at Airtran. Really?

Reasonable answer Dicko. I wonder about your statement that you earned SLIGHTLY less at Airtran. Really?

Define "slightly" ;)

I guess my theory was that the quick upgrade mitigated the pay issue to a certain extent.

In fact, this is probably going to be one of those rare occasions where one is able to put a theory to its true test. Through a practical application.

Sacha you make a great point but it's hard to convince others just what the benefits are.

You work as much or as little as you want to work but if you want to make a lot of money SWA is a great airline.

I looked at my last five years (been here 8+):
Average trips per year last five years: 1600/year
Average hours flown 820/year.

I didn't use high year or just last year because it would be less representative. My averages have been fairly consistent but as the pay rate/trip goes up my desire to fly more trips has gone down some. Point is if you are willing to be productive, SWA compensates handsomely.
In addition to the TFP there is per diem.
401k match is now 9.3%.
average profit sharing has been ~5%.

Last edited:
"It just proves your point about a crazy and often unfair industry."

True...working for a CEO like Fornaro, who sold AAI out from under you (at the risk of your seniority) adds an exclamation point to your statement.

At SWA, you will be somewhat insulated from another buyout, given our market cap...but you never know...DAL could buy us (ha ha)

SWA should just put Dennison in charge of AAI.

Ha! My thoughts exactly! Maybe bring in that former 7-11 manager "Commode" or whatever his name was and they can abdicate all of their route structure to SWA! Oh wait, SWA is already coming to ATL.....BOHICA!!!

You have no idea how many AirTran pilots were hired with the qualifications to work at SWA do you ? The vast majority had more than 1000 TPIC. We both know that it is an easy minimum benchmark.:D

You forgot the most important qualification...$8K to buy a type rating.

Afraid of FAIR AND EQUITABLE arbitration? So get big daddy to fight your battles for you. Yeah that's fair. Add trannies and clampetts to the grandes, grannies and gays vocabulary.

I'm sure the terms have ALREADY been introduced into the SWA flight deck.

Latest resources

Back