• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turboshark

Was that to FAST?
hello all,

just got a slot for excel training in san antonio, tx. in august. can anyone tell me if training is with fllight safety or simuflite? do you have any good restaurants in the area you'd recommend?

excel bound-

There's only Flight Safety in San Antonio.
For the dinning place, man, you won't be hungry here ;-)
But got to tell ya, it's HOT around there !!!!

turboshark said:
hello all,

just got a slot for excel training in san antonio, tx. in august. can anyone tell me if training is with fllight safety or simuflite? do you have any good restaurants in the area you'd recommend?

excel bound-

Tons of restaurants in the River-Walk area. Not sure where you will be staying but try to get to the River Walk - great tourist area with many restaurants and shops.

Rosarios on South Alamo is THE BEST. GET the enchilada suezas (sp)

top it off with xx and a lime and you're goldennnnnnnnn

Saluna is good at night.... enchiladas again... good margaritas

Stay away from the Riverwalk... the place sucks... super over priced... all tourists. OK... that sounds super negative, but I guess that is how I feel about the place. If you want to have real fun, jump in the car and drive an hour north to Austin... now there you will find fun (either 4th or 6th st). If you can't/don't want to drive that far, ask for directions to the Query... it is a nicer area with a couple of restaraunts and bars... not nearly as touristy.

All that being said, go to the Riverwalk once to say you've done it, then go find out the really great stuff San Antonio has to offer.

Have fun.

You really should try: All Star Sports Cafe...it's not far from the airport. And you will have to leave FSI everyday for lunch unless you pack your own...all they have is a break room. Traffic in SAT is crazy, you will not want to stay anywhere near the riverwalk unless you want to get stressed out everyday just driving to the airport. Call FSI, they have great local rates that you cannot get on your own. Airport Hilton would be my choice, but they have a few others to choose from.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen off the 410 loop. It is close to FSI SAT and a short walk from Staybridge Hotel. Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse, right next to the Staybridge Hotel. Pappasito's Cantina, west on 410 to I-10 North. Great Mexican.

The SAT FSI staff and facility are absolutely great. Jerry Garrett and John McKinley make the training well worth it.

Good Luck.

CC

Latest resources

Back