Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
I'm looking for a place to stay in Newark. A few people have recommended Blocked Inn. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. I would prefer to avoid public transportation in uniform.

TA

Abort that thought

I checked out the Blocked Inn and after staying there one night I concluded no thank you. I think it's $270 a month when in reality worth somewhere between $150 and $175 a night. Imagine a big fraternity house with no chicks stopping by and 50 year old snorers to awaken you at night. With the amount of calls on the 5 AM Reserve slot from scheduling, I slept in the crew room and bought a Presidents Club membership to hang out if not called. At $425 for the first year of membership, cheaper than 2 months at the Socked In.

Fly2Scuba said:
I checked out the Blocked Inn and after staying there one night I concluded no thank you. I think it's $270 a month when in reality worth somewhere between $150 and $175 a night. Imagine a big fraternity house with no chicks stopping by and 50 year old snorers to awaken you at night. With the amount of calls on the 5 AM Reserve slot from scheduling, I slept in the crew room and bought a Presidents Club membership to hang out if not called. At $425 for the first year of membership, cheaper than 2 months at the Socked In.

I thought you needed a current day's ticket to get in there and you were not allowed in in uniform. Do those rules still apply? Do they have towels there? (prez club) Is the Blocked Inn the place where you have to drive the van if you are just sitting around?

Lexy said:
I thought you needed a current day's ticket to get in there and you were not allowed in in uniform. Do those rules still apply? Do they have towels there? (prez club) Is the Blocked Inn the place where you have to drive the van if you are just sitting around?
Only Delta Crown Room Lounge in the Skyteam requires same ticket. Presidents Club access allowed any time along with any NWA World Club. Towels are included and is far is uniform, some guys take their ephlats, wings, and ties off and walk in. I find that extremely cheesy and dumb looking; walking around with the flight case attached to the overnight bag in the club looks weird enough. I always carry a light compact jacket in my bag to cover up the uniform along and a a button up shirt for longer sits. And yes, the Stocked (as in increase in stock purchasing power for the owner ($270 x like 80 people a month!)) Inn wants you helping out with the van service.

Latest resources

Back