• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Everyone Get Comfortable At Your Regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a check airman from the back of the airplane that ultimately landed the thing- and figured out how to fly it with the throttles only. He wasn't seated because he was leaning over the pedestal flying and died in the crash. Al haines said "I've got it", moved the yolk full to one side, and figured out it really wasn't working- just like the FO that was flying said.

Sorry...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_E._Fitch

Denny Fitch, the DC-10 instructor who assisted the crew of UAL 232, survived the accident, and in fact returned to flying status despite his injuries. He has done several TV interviews about the accident... It is hard to find a talking dead guy.

As far as Capt. Haines goes, he deserves every bit of credit he has been given, despite what your post insinuates. He used outstanding CRM in an almost impossible situation. Lots of lessons there for all of us.

A little advice? Fact check your posts. The internet is a wonderful thing!

edit for syntax!

Denny Fitch, the DC-10 instructor who assisted the crew of UAL 232, survived the accident, and in fact returned to flying status despite his injuries. He has done several TV interviews about the accident... It is to find a talking dead guy.

As far as Capt. Haines goes, he deserves every bit of credit he has been given, despite what your post insinuates. He used outstanding CRM in an almost impossible situation. Lots of lessons there for all of us.

Yeah........a 21 post idiot.

No one has to baby sit me.

I dont know if anyone has ever heard this before:

"Once a man twice a baby"

Same goes if pilots fly to age 65. When they first started out they had to be baby sat by a more experienced pilot, now when they hit age 60-65 and they aren't very sharp anymore they are gonna have to be baby sat again.

But anyways eagle, hows that 7year upgrade going?

YOU ARE AN IDIOT! What data are you basing your self-serving findings on? I know alot of 60+ pilot Gentlemen that could whip your ARSE!

Denny Fitch, the DC-10 instructor who assisted the crew of UAL 232, survived the accident, and in fact returned to flying status despite his injuries. He has done several TV interviews about the accident... It is hard to find a talking dead guy.

edit for syntax!

I am mearly insunuating that it was a collaborative effort, and not just one old man. Yes, he does get credit, as does the check pilot, and first officer.

You are right- I need to fact check everything posted, just like everyone else on FI

Mica and Oberstar did this to help curtail the pilot shortage. If they really wanted to curtail the shortage they would've made legislation to prohibit executives from raping the employees of this industry. Why would anyone want to enter this industry when they see the loyal and hard workers of it get screwed the way they do?

SO when does this go into effect??? Starting tommorrow? or will it be 6-9 months or a year away before it actually becomes LAW???

Latest resources

Back