• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen info please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody khow many pilots are in the hiring pool for EZ? Had my interview a week ago, and got the pool-letter, but I'm not available till 1 Apr anyway.

Some other questions:

Is the minimum 65 hours and what is typical monthly pay in hours and is it above mins?

Do you get any premium above the minimum or is there any other form of premium pay?

What is reserve callout? Would a two hour drive to JFK from my home work?

How long would you expect to be on reserve?

Thanks!!

Is the minimum 65 hours and what is typical monthly pay in hours and is it above mins?
The guarantee is 65 hours. Most of the lines range from as low as 35 hours to as high as 80 hours. Once either guarantee threshold is broken (65 hrs, 16 days) you make over guarantee. Min day is 4 hours.

Do you get any premium above the minimum or is there any other form of premium pay? Overtime is paid at straight rate, no premium pay exists.

What is reserve callout? Would a two hour drive to JFK from my home work?
Reserve callout is 2 hours. Contract also says 50 miles, but if you are within 2 hours, i'm not sure how strict the 50 mile thing is.

How long would you expect to be on reserve?
Not sure how long you can expect to be "on reserve". Probably not more than 4 or 5 months though. The thing about reserve is, you dont generally sit around waiting to be called. Theres always usually something to do. And when the schedules are mostly 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, it really doesnt matter whether you have a "line" or are on reserve.

Hope that helps a little bit. Good Luck

More Q??

- Are your schedules base on 4 weeks/ days cycle or is it based on the 1st of the month to the 30th/31st? and how often do you get the 16 days on back to back??
- Are all of your FE's are PFE's, if not what is the ratio??
- does the company provide your accommodations in JFK while on reserve?? I know this have been answered before, I would appreciated if an evergreen crew member could verify that.
- Future classes in 2007??
- Upgrade classes? and the DOH of the most Junior guy??
- How many LCF going to be on the property after the last LCF delivered, and when will that be?

I know that is a lot of questions. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone in the know get some of these questions answered.

Thanks

Big boy.

- Are your schedules base on 4 weeks/ days cycle or is it based on the 1st of the month to the 30th/31st? and how often do you get the 16 days on back to back??

Based per month except Feb which is Jan 31 to Mar 1 to make a 30 day period. Possible to get 16's back to back depends on how you bid but it is also possible to get 4 weeks off too (get first 2 weeks of one month and last 2 weeks of next)

- Are all of your FE's are PFE's, if not what is the ratio??

Currently FE's are PFE's as they need to hold an AME incase things need fixing out on the line. However FE's with an AME cert are drying up and there is a push to get SFO's going. FE's with a CPL can bid to the right seat after about one year of sideways and don't loose seniority. There is at least one Captain that started at EZ as an AME and worked up.

- does the company provide your accommodations in JFK while on reserve?? I know this have been answered before, I would appreciated if an evergreen crew member could verify that.

Yes and PD also.

[/quote]- Future classes in 2007??[/quote]

Regardless of the furlough that never happened to the Jan new hires there are classes schedulled for this year, how many, is not known. What is known is that staffing is still short right now and line pilots have been pulled (12) to start LCF -400 training. More to train on the LCF -400 this year.

- Upgrade classes? and the DOH of the most Junior guy??

As required no set figures but that is very fluid. Upgrades at the momemnt running 18 months most junior is Sept 2005. Several retirements and still some moving on.

- How many LCF going to be on the property after the last LCF delivered, and when will that be?

One is due to arrive in June for exclusive EZ use. Boeing are flying it right now as final certification is now set for end of April but subject to change. Another one due by years end and Boeing is now working on next batch. Talk of at least 6 now due to 787 demand. 20 year contract so far for the LCF work.

Looking activly for 74-4's to replace classics. 3 74-4 combi's bought from AF to arrive early 08, & 2 in 09.

I know that is a lot of questions. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone in the know get some of these questions answered.

Thanks

Big boy.

Last edited:
Thanks

Rottweiller:

Thank you so much for all the info. just couple more questions. it seems like if you don't get extended the extra 2 days you will get to spend 14 days at home does that sounds about right? and how often do you get extended?
When you guys commercial while on duty. do you get to ride First class or Economy??

Thanks again.

Big Boy.

Latest resources

Back