• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scubari.....be glad you are out of here. I know it sucks initially to be furloughed from any job....but there is a silver lining!

Everybody gets a better job when they leave here. It is almost impossible to get a worse one.

Best of luck!

I was heartbroken when I found out that I was going to get furloughed. although I understand the financial mechanics behind it, my dream of flying a 747 around the world was dashed. after my first flight, I knew it was what I wanted to be doing.

hopefully the economy picks up and I can get picked up someplace else. I'm interviewing at Omni in a couple weeks, crossing my fingers it works out.

I think Evergreen will recover, if we go to war with Iran. :-/

I think Evergreen will recover, if we go to war with Iran. :-/

love my friends at EZ, but frankly, I'd rather not see that for many reasons, not the least of which is that company needs to transition to a civilian based business model... just like Southern is doing... the Government welfare train has come to an end..

We are trying to make the transition now but it might be to late. We need more 400's but with out the cash they are hard to find.

I find it odd that management is not trying to find efficiencies and cost savings.

They don't ask the crews to conserve fuel or time, they aren't trying to minimize travel costs, they just don't seem to be doing anything. Crew Resource Control is more screwed up than ever. Crews sitting around doing nothing, and then we have flights delayed because of crew rest issues. This is ridiculous.

I would think there would be more of a push to save $$$ and make sure flights are on time. But nothing from a crew perspective seems to be different.

Our new CEO needs to bring in some real management at the puzzle palace.

I have to agree with you. No money to pay bills but no one seems to be cutting back. I was not kidding about them looking for more planes. Very strange. I think we will no more soon.

I find it odd that management is not trying to find efficiencies and cost savings.

They don't ask the crews to conserve fuel or time, they aren't trying to minimize travel costs, they just don't seem to be doing anything. Crew Resource Control is more screwed up than ever. Crews sitting around doing nothing, and then we have flights delayed because of crew rest issues. This is ridiculous.

I would think there would be more of a push to save $$$ and make sure flights are on time. But nothing from a crew perspective seems to be different.

Our new CEO needs to bring in some real management at the puzzle palace.

and the DO firing the best scheduler you had probably wasn't the best start...

and the DO firing the best scheduler you had probably wasn't the best start...

And that would be??

and the only place that saved any money was the MX dept. They were ALWAYS the first place that DMS started to slash when things go south. Remember the couple of months in 2010 before the first big loan payment was due? the mx budget AND staffing was cut in half. No other cuts anywhere else.

Latest resources

Back