• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But.....EZ missed payroll on Friday! If they don't pay up by Monday, they might not have enough crews to move aircraft.

you sure there wash''t an explanation for that? administrative or otherwise? that's serious.

EIA has a big bond payment due on Monday or Tuesday.. I was shocked when I heard about the flight crew pay was not there on the last Friday of the month. The rest of the company gets paid on the last day of the month. Very odd things going on here. I hope our new Pres will get this under control. For the last 10 years no one has been running this place. Money has been going from the airline to pay for Everything in MMV when that money should have been used to get 400's. We parked planes at the start of the year instead of doing what ever charter work they could find to pay the bills. Now we have a new Pres and he is trying to play catch up from years of people doing nothing but running this place into the ground. I just hope he can do it...

Prez Wheeler wrote in the newsletter a few weeks ago that Saudia did not want another EZ 400 now. Of course that could change.

So it does look like both new 400's are going AMC.

But only if we get paid Monday. Our Fleet Capt. CC; personally told me on Friday morning they did not have the money to pay us before the weekend and we would get it next week.

We will see. No money, no flying.

While in principle I believe that "no money/no fly" is a good idea, I might think twice about not flying. IF and it is a big if you can go on the road and spend little to no money it might be in your best interest to fly while you look for a new job. If you are considering going the expat route overseas currency is a huge issue. Many airlines will not touch you if you are not current. Some will let you buy currency on your own dime. My advice: Find a check airman and get him to give you a line check and make sure you have copies of the paperwork. Fly until they shut down or it is starting to cost you to much money to stay out. This might not make you feel great but it might help you find another job.

Jet

Evergreen is hiring 747 FOs as of April 28, 2012:

Job Description:

EVERGREEN INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES POSITION DESCRIPTION

JOB TITLE JOB REPORTS TO (TITLE)

B-747 First Officer 747 Fleet Captain

DEPARTMENT JOB SUPERVISES (TITLES)

Operations None

Minimum Requirements: (4000 total, 1000 Pilot In Command, 1000 Turbine. 1000 hours PIC Turbojet preferred.)

I. JOB PURPOSE

Second-In Command of the aircraft. Assist the Captain in safe and efficient conduct of flight.

II. WORKING CONDITIONS

Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional squatting, crouching, or kneeling. Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.

Protective Equipment Required: Ear protection.

Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery.

III. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Essential Job Functions:

First Officer is Second-In Command of the flight when Reserve Captain is not assigned to the flight crew.

Must comply with all regulations and directives pertaining to the conduct of the flight in a manner suitable to the Captain.

Aid the Captain with pre-flight and in-flight duties.

Must perform any functions as assigned by the Captain.

Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.

While in principle I believe that "no money/no fly" is a good idea, I might think twice about not flying. IF and it is a big if you can go on the road and spend little to no money it might be in your best interest to fly while you look for a new job. If you are considering going the expat route overseas currency is a huge issue. Many airlines will not touch you if you are not current. Some will let you buy currency on your own dime. My advice: Find a check airman and get him to give you a line check and make sure you have copies of the paperwork. Fly until they shut down or it is starting to cost you to much money to stay out. This might not make you feel great but it might help you find another job.

Jet

currency is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of, I mean military pilots will go two years without flying and no problem, or FE's back in the day sat sideways for years before flying in the right seat.... but it is what it is, they DO require 6 months to year..

with that said, flying for a couple of more weeks without pay will not make a bit of difference in the big picture.

Many international jobs require a sim within the last 6 mos, or 3 mos, and/or flying time in the last year/6 mos/3 mos, etc. It IS important for those types of contract jobs....on the other hand I met a director of MX in Africa that hadn't been paid in 7 months, and a pilot that hadn't been paid in 2 years....so you need to cut it off at some point!!!

cliff
HHN

Latest resources

Back