• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever consider.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a bid world. There is more out there than the Middle East. My friend left Delta after 15 years (in his 40's) to go to Emirates. He hated it and left. Found a job at an Asian carrier and loves it and the expat lifestyle.

It's a bid world. There is more out there than the Middle East. My friend left Delta after 15 years (in his 40's) to go to Emirates. He hated it and left. Found a job at an Asian carrier and loves it and the expat lifestyle.

It seems those expats in Asia are generally more content with their choice than those who went elsewhere (Middle East, Africa). Personally, I would jump at the chance to fly for an Asian carrier.

Flying for a foreign airline? I was reading an article about a US pilot who worked for a US carrier, and now works for a foreign carrier in the Middle East. He got sick and tired of his former bosses and decided for a change of venue. He's much happier in his new job at a Boeing 777 captain.

You wouldn't be talking about the infamous USAirways pilot who was in a Wall Street Journal article a few years ago about how great life is at Emirates.

Go to Pprune to see what other EK line pilots think about the guy. They've nicknamed him "Captain America" and shredded every positive argument he makes about life in DXB.

Flyng for the airline you currently work for is Individual prefernce. If you don't like where you work, make the move to another flying job or another career.

Easy to say, not so easy to do.
I am lucky enough to be finally working at the job I would like to retire from. I started applying here about 10 years ago when I was flying 135.

Last edited:
Flyng for the airline you currently work for is Individual prefernce. If you don't like where you work, make the move to another flying job or another career.

As the other poster said- not always so easy- you sound like someone who hasn't done it- seniority cramps the free hand. Sometimes the best job in the world can morph into the worst based on mgmt-(UAL) what do you do when you have 15 years in and starting over means $25k and possibly no health insurance- (CAL!!)

is that really much of a choice?

I don't have fuselage envy and I make a sh!tload of money. No, I have never considered working for a foreign carrier.

Gup
You have to make the best out of the situation your are dealt. Gup, you and your SWA colleagues are lucky. Don't think for a minute you couldn't find yourself on the other side of the World trying to make a living, because it has happen to the best of us.
And yes, we know you SW guys are highly paid, can you show some class and stop rubbing our nose in it.
You SW guys are a piece of work. Is their any humility left over there?

You have to make the best out of the situation your are dealt. Gup, you and your SWA colleagues are lucky. Don't think for a minute you couldn't find yourself on the other side of the World trying to make a living, because it has happen to the best of us.
And yes, we know you SW guys are highly paid, can you show some class and stop rubbing our nose in it.
You SW guys are a piece of work. Is their any humility left over there?

My bad. I was trying to be a smarta$$ and came across as an arrogant jerk. It's a fine line and looks like I crossed it.

I fully realize that timing is everything and right now SWA is among the lucky ones.

Sorry bro,
Gup

You wouldn't be talking about the infamous USAirways pilot who was in a Wall Street Journal article a few years ago about how great life is at Emirates.

Go to Pprune to see what other EK line pilots think about the guy. They've nicknamed him "Captain America" and shredded every positive argument he makes about life in DXB.

Pprune is about the worst place online for aviation information. Those guys make people of FI look happy and content. I know several guys at other carriers and when you talk to them personally, the picture is far different than what you get on Pprune. Granted things are not perfect either, but take what you read on pprune with an ocean full of salt.

And yes, I would consider working for a foriegn carrier, in fact I just got hired by an Asian airline.

Latest resources

Back